WHY O WHY???

Options
So it took a lot of work and time for me to lose weight, ever the slightest amount. But then I go and gain it back in what seemed like a matter of days. I have no excuses for not fitting fitness and nutrition into my very hectic and busy schedule. I'm frustrated at how hard it is to lose weight but it so easily comes back. Any ideas on how to deal with disappointment and how to get back on track?

Replies

• kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    The hardest part of the process is learning to get up, brush yourself off, and stick to the plan. Sit down and plot out every second of your week, starting tonight, and ending 7 days from now. Make sure you give yourself the time to work out that you want to work out in a week ... and plan your menu for the week. Try to stick to it, then rinse and repeat. Once it becomes a habit, it'll be easier to get those worked into your schedule.

And most importantly, chin up!! It's a lifestyle change. Which means sometimes you'll fail. And that's okay too. Just get up, brush yourself off, and stick to the plan :smile:
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Been there, seen it, done it, got the shirt! I lost about 30 pounds about 2 years ago, was doing great until one road trip where i put on about 5 pounds...and that was the start. It was a couple more here, a couple of more there, then we moved and i put on about 15 more and found myself only 10 pounds under my highest weight. Finally i just had enough, so i got my wife on board, got others who would be willing to support me and set a goal and let others know for accountability.
    When i hit a wall this past summer i stayed with it, found MFP and this has helped me get going again. I think this is a great start for you, stay with it. Set your goal, get others on your team...especially here on MFP and i think you may see a difference.
    It isn't about a "diet" or even losing weight, it is changing your life...that has to be your focus IMHO.
    I hope you see some great things happen!

be God's
    bobbyd
  • MaggieHerrera2010
    Options
    I understand.....I recommend a book called "women food and god".

Best Regards,
    Maggie
  • debbiespaulding
    Options
    law of attraction ,is what you are talking about,what you focus on is what you get,so keep up the good work keep your eye on being thinner,leave the rest alone ,the more you do that the more the universe will give it back to you ,you put your focuse back on what you precived as failure ,that is not what your choosing to be thinner,its all in you,:smile::smile:
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Keep making good food choices and exercise when you can. Even if you don't see the scale moving down, know that you are doing something fantastic for your body and your mind! It's REALLY hard for me to drop a pound too! VERY frustrating! :explode: But, I just keep plugging away and slowly but surely, the scale moves down. But, even when I don't see a drop for a week or two, I still feel great everyday! I feel healthy and stronger and I love that feeling! That keeps me motivated!