Dont fix what is not Broken

Options
kvossandrews
kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I was doing so well. My head space was in a great place and I was doing my own think and it was working for me. I’m not sure why but I thought I would try something new. I wish I never did. I don’t regret it has I have learnt that if it is working and you feeling good don’t change it. I went from doing my own thing quiet well to going on the Michelle Bridges for 6months. I must say that was a bad 6months I put on weight and didn’t feel good and $400 down. I left my happy self at the front door. I’m not saying that Michelle Bridges does not work. It does for the right person and that is not me. My brain works better with me being happy with the choices I pick not someone else for me. With all that said, I’m back on the C25K and back to eating what worked for me once before. Does it matter I have the same salad every day? I think not. I enjoy it. So my dairy may look like a broken record as it is much the same but it works for me. I’m taking my power back for me and doing it that way I know. My life change it is not a diet and has never been. I got some nice new recipes from the program and I’m very happy with that. Focus is the key and now I’m back holding my key for myself. I’m happy about that.

Replies

• bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have your head in the right place. Good for you! Onward and upward! (Or actually "downward"! Since we are talking about the scale! LOL!)
  • Xtinesky
    Xtinesky Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I think we all think we can do things faster or better or easier... But I'm glad you've found what works for you! At least you don't have the "What if I tried that program?" regret now.

I don't think getting to our healthy weight journey ever is straight forward, otherwise there would be no weight loss industry espousing so many different things. But welcome back to your own program and doing what you think is best for your body and mind.
  • Kitof
    Kitof Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    As you said, it is all about finding happiness...
  • JenzL13
    JenzL13 Posts: 27
    Options
    Well said! I'm much the same in terms of my diary looking like a broken record, but hey I like what I like lol.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    So totally hear you, I'll be going great guns, happy with what I'm eating and my losses and all of a sudden I'll think "maybe I'll low carb for a while!" or something else new. Screw it up, gain weight, get back where I started and realise that what works for me, works for me and that's that.

For the smarted organ in the body, our brains can be pretty dumb.
  • fierydeluge
    Options
    Spot on! Tried several diets before finding what works for me. Great you found what works for you!
This discussion has been closed.