Losing and Gaining the Weight Back

Options
I lost 35 lbs with the Dr.B diet years ago. I was able to keep it off with ALOT of exercise and eating healthy. It wasn't just those things that helped me keep the weight off for 5 yrs, it was my whole lifestyle change. I started doing better in school and made so many friends. I gained so much confidence with losing weight bc it is true that people see you differently. The structure and discipline I needed also helped calm a lot if my anxiety and craziness.

Years later though, my boyfriend of 1.5 yrs cheated on me with numerous girls because I wouldn't have sex with him and bc he felt as if I was too busy for him. All his friends and even some of my friends lied to me about. I'm not a jealous person, so the fact that red flags were going off about one girl (the one he basically had a relationship with) , I was worried. She even knew about me and didn't care.

It broke my heart. He knew I was sexually abused in the past by different men, so I wanted to be careful. Even when I finally did have sex with him he kept on cheating.

After my heart broke, I became severely depressed and developed social anxiety. I'm afraid of running into his friends or friends of his friends. I'm in fat shame of gaining weight. I'm in shame of being depressed. I dunno what to say to people when they see me.

I feel like a different person. I can't seem to lose the weight now. I try and keep trying, but keep failing. Has anyone gone through anything similar and can relate???

Replies

• soniaa777
    soniaa777 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    he was definitely not a good person and didn't deserve to have you. I had a similar experience with my man screwing around and everyone knew except me. I was in denial until I mistakenly was shown proof. For me this made me depressed, totally heartbroken, but then very angry. It actually helped me out of the hole and let me begin to focus on making myself better as in more healthy and physically stronger. I am a different person- a smarter person that wont let someone do or get away with bull.

Just being obese in general has given me social anxiety. not wanting to leave the house. thinking everyone is looking at how disgusting I am. not feeling I should be seen in public. But its just something you need to do. get yourself together and get out there.

Exercise can help tremendously with depression!

YOU CAN lose the weight. Just figure out what interests you and create and follow a plan. exercise and eating healthy works if you stick to it.

Focus on you!
  • pinkcutie100
    pinkcutie100 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing!!! I don't know what is wrong with guys like this. They are so selfish and don't realize the damage they do. Then they walk out free of all of this. And we are left in pain.

I'm tired of pain. I'm tired of this. It's hard to be angry with anyone but myself.

I dunno what makes me feel better. Exercise helps but only so much. I'm hard on myself for what I eat mostly. And I eat mostly sugar and junk food :(

I hope I can stick with the Dr.B diet this time.