What motivates you?

Options
What motivates you to follow your diet and to workout?

Replies

• rayfu75
    rayfu75 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Not wanting to be 265lbs again.
  • JADEPH0EN1X
    JADEPH0EN1X Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Seeing the results on the scales and in the changing shape of my body . Also the support & inspiration from mfp friends !
  • pinkprincess1952
    pinkprincess1952 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I need motivation tips.... I cant overcome my lack of ambition and my bad eating habits...
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    :laugh: My Doctor and tests results ... :ohwell: At least i am honest !
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Trying on clothes and seeing/feeling them get looser - the scales just depress me as I don't seem to lose the pounds just the inches !!!!
  • Red_Scorpio_555
    Red_Scorpio_555 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    to get rid of the dull xxl dresses i have and evrytime i go the shops..i just get to see the nice dresses and droool!! that suucks so...i get motivated thinkin of that..
  • rayfu75
    rayfu75 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I need motivation tips.... I cant overcome my lack of ambition and my bad eating habits...

Not sure if you track everything on here or not. Maybe try logging everything even if it's "bad" and try to use that to provide motivation?
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Seeing my fitness improve and accomplishing my goals, next year is the half-marathon!
  • VoicelessRide
    VoicelessRide Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    seeing all the motivated people at the gym, flirting,,,,,seeing my body change
  • Winston1717
    Options
    Never ever wanting to regain the weight I lost, feeling more energetic...especially having to raise a 6 yo, the awesome feeling after a great work out, improved quality of life and appearance!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Going shopping for clothes, perhaps I need to do that every day!
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Being told I'm pre-diabetic and wanting to feel comfortable in my skin! :happy:
  • SOCOLOCO87
    SOCOLOCO87 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Since I started working out I have more energy and it makes me overall feel great throughout the day.
    The way clothes fit me loose.
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    seeing my body change and the weight go down. Its also turned into a habit for me so I tend not to need motivation, I eat what I eat all the time and the exercise just gets done
  • Still1Workoutatatime
    Options
    My children and my vanity..
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Clothes, health, and the great way getting smaller and healthier makes me feel.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Surfing, summer and my mfp friends (who i really don't appreciate enough!).
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    This will no doubt sound strange, but for once I can eat without guilt or even anger at food! Food has been my enemy for so long in that I ate and gained weight! To finally know how to eat good food and not only not gain weight, but also to lose it, well that is simply heaven on earth for me. It motivates me every day to get up and look forward to breakfast, pack my lunch and make dinner. When you have been fighting the "food weight battle" for 40 years, it is so motivating to finally know how to eat and win! :drinker:
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Looking at pictures of people with ripped physiques.
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    How I feel now really motivates me!

Also, whenever I'm feeling really unmotivated I turn on an episode of the biggest loser and hop on my exercise bike - You can't ignore Jillian yelling and it really makes me work extra hard. I know, strange maybe.