Let's lose 15 pounds the rest of 2013!

Options

Replies

• imxnianne
    imxnianne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I have discovered the community aspect of this site and am liking it so far! I am hoping to lose 15 pounds by the end of the year and go from 66 kg (145 lbs) to 59 kg (130 lbs).

I really am not sure how to do it :( Can it really happen?

Weight has been slowly slipping off since I moved to Korea over a year ago but now I really want to speed it up. I am counting my calories and upping my exercise. But I have never been lower than this weight since middle school maybe! I think my body will look great at 130 but I have no idea because I have never been there before.

Feel free to add me as a friend and let's motivate each other through these next two months :)

We are at the same page! 145 to 130 at least by the next month or two! We can do it!
  • thom2369
    thom2369 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wohoo let's do this! I am a little new to MFP but I am going to add you guys as friends and try and start a group!
  • mgsusan
    Options
    I think if I am accountable to everyone here I might have more success. I just came back to this because I thought it worked before.
    I am in. I need to lose about 30-40 lbs. all together. 15 by the end of the year would be awesome!!
  • Meli_999
    Meli_999 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Starting a group is a great idea! Count me in!
  • thom2369
    thom2369 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Okay I made the group! We can get some different topics started and figure out a way to stay accountable. Just making the group makes me feel a tiny bit of extra pressure to really try and make this happen!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17221-15-by-the-end-of-2013
  • CarynMacD
    CarynMacD Posts: 230
    Options
    I am definately in. So far I've lost 13.2 Lbs (6Kg) in 53 days. I'm currently 5Lbs behind where I wanted to be at this stage.

I've got 17.7 Lbs to go to reach my goal which is 132.3 Lbs. The date I had set myself to reach this goal was 29 November 2013, but I think I was a little over ambitious. I would be very happy to reach that goal by end December 2013.

Stats: 44 Year Old Female
    Height: 165cm (5'4.5")
    Current Weight: 150 Lbs
    Goal Weight: 132.3 Lbs
  • retainedlosses
    retainedlosses Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!
  • jenniferkaye22
    jenniferkaye22 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm up for this! I haven't been on MVP for long but this will give me some motivation I weigh 170 right now so by January I should be 155. Feel free to add me!
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm at 146 now and want to be below 130 by the end of the year, count me in!
  • jdhmommy1
    jdhmommy1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ME!!! I'm in! :) Let's do this!
  • VaishnaviSlimsDown
    Options
    15lbs by year end is doable :) !! count me in :) !
  • maQmIgh
    maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Quick question; how did you get that weight loss countdown thing on your post? I want one of those!

Not sure if youve worked this out yet, but:
    Click on the forum (Message Boards)
    Click on Settings
    Tick, Show your MyFitnessPal ticker below each of your forum posts

Hope this helps :)
  • cadikusz69
    cadikusz69 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Count me in.This will be part of my continuing journey to reach my goal!!
  • amwood89
    amwood89 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 10lb by Xmas but really struggling to get the last bit off :(

If anyone has any tips or can just generally help with motivation - please add me as I could do with some!!
  • kaybristow01
    kaybristow01 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Me too :-) I'm 141lbs as of today woo, aiming to be around 129lbs by Christmas. Feel free to add me
  • mommy81
    mommy81 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I want to get to 60 Kg before the Christmas Party!
  • Laurali7
    Laurali7 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join as well, I'm so bad at getting lazy and complacent about food especially at weekends, so need the extra push to keep it up for the next while,
  • hupsii
    hupsii Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Please add me too - I need the challenge as my weight loss is SUPER slow. THANK YOU !
  • MrsGraves1987
    MrsGraves1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm aiming to lose 14.5lbs by December 4th - that;s 6 weeks today - so average of 2.4lbs a week. I'll be happy if I get down to 145lbs, but I'm aiming higher to ensure I stay in the game!!

:happy:
  • nehmon
    nehmon Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    "Challenge accepted"
    Feel free to add me everyone :-)