SUGAR MACROS

Options
Hi, Just a wee enquiry really and looking for some advice!

I eat well, always on or just under my cals, fat & protein; waaaaay under on my sodium; but my sugars are always way over!

I don't have a sweet tooth, rarely eat chocolate and sweets. But, like today for example I had some sweetcorn in my tuna salad, and a pomegranate and they have both taken me miles over my allowance.

I like fruit, don't eat excessive amounts of it and feel it should be included in my daily intake. Just wondering how you guys get around this?

Thanks

Replies

• Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I stopped tracking my sugar intake awhile ago. Unless you have s medical condition that requires monitoring it, ignore it. I, personally, think the protein intake MFP has set up is pretty low. I am for 1g of protein per pound of body weight. :)
  • santd
    santd Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    The problem is, most low fat foods make up that loss with adding sugar. Most fruits are high in sugar. I like to have 2 pieces of fruit a day, but will have many (around 10 if poss) different vegetables a day.
  • fattyboomboom84X
    fattyboomboom84X Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I get 25g of sugar a day, my pomegranate alone was 26g...

already im scuppered!

I don't tend to eat much processed foods and things, so most of my sugar in take usually comes from the few pieces of fruit i eat a day.
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    I am never under my sugar macro. As long as you are getting it from fruit and not "junk" food than I wouldn't worry about it too much. As I said, I am never under my sugar macro and I don't think it has hindered my weight loss.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I don't even track it but I'm pretty sure I'm always over, and it hasn't stopped me. I track fiber instead.

I really wish MFP would just default to fat, carbs, and protein, instead of throwing sugar with this absurdly low limit into the default tracking list.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Just take it out of your tracker. You're already tracking carbs...
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    Options
    Sugar isn't a macro. Sugar = carbs.
    Ignore it.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Sugar is a carb, if you are not diabetic or per-diabetic, then there is no reason to track it as it is done so in a round about with with your carbs.
  • vertor81
    Options
    I think actually the sugar tracked should be artificial suggar added not natural. So all sugar coming from banana, veggies, fruits are ignored by me.
    WHO recomends that daily intake of artificial sugar is under 50g or something like that if I`m not wrong.
    If you`re not eating a lot of fruits or drinking only juice then you should be fine :)