Fitbit Flex Accuracy

I actually like the Fitbit Flex quite a bit, mostly because it is convenient and generally goes unnoticed. I used to wear a bodybugg, and while it was very accurate it was pretty annoying having that on my arm all day.

Anyway, I'm wondering what other people's experiences are with it? I've been just assuming that it is ~25% on the high side for calorie burn.

Do you all think that is a safe assumption? Safe meaning I would rather be adjusting the burn too low than too high, so I'm not creating a false calorie deficit.

I'm also thinking of getting the new one, because I like the display, but I'm not 100% sold in the band being any bigger than my Flex is. Any thoughts on that are welcome too.

Replies

• janruffin
    janruffin Posts: 53 Member
    Hi,
    I have a fit flex too. Have had it since they came out. Heard some negative about the new one and being bigger than the flex. So, I will hold off for now.
    The challenge that I have seen with the flex is not up but more down.... doesn't seem to accurately display steps depending on what I am doing. If I am not moving my arm but doing steps, doesn't seem to accurately pick up steps. I.e. when I go to the grocery store, it doesn't records the thousands of steps that I do as I am pushing a cart and keeping my arm on the cart... that's just one example.
    For the most part, it's good but I don't live by it....just a tool to hold us accountable.
  • TheSadPanda
    TheSadPanda Posts: 4 Member
    I agree, it really is just more of a tool for generalization. I mean, if i sit there doing nothing all day every day for a week, it will show on the fitbit. If I am getting a workout in several days, and moving about a fair bit, it will show that too. It's not going to give me numbers that will let me accurately guess what I will or will not lose for a week or two in terms of weight.

I have a friend that is thinking of trying the Basis, but I could not have that thing on my wrist, it's just way too big lol.