Phentermine 37.5 - Anyone use this?

Options
My doc prescribed Phentermine 37.5 for me and I was just wondering... is it worth the $$$? Does it work at all? I've only been taking it for 4 days but I feel no different so far. Anyone lost weight with this stuff?

Replies

• Boxingal87
    Options
    It only worked the first 2 days i used it...after that I became even hungrier then when i wasnt taking it. Every body is different, so its really up to how your body reacts to it.
  • Phat_Girl
    Phat_Girl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have used it before and yes I lost 10 lbs. But once I stopped traking it I gain my 10 lbs + extra back and I started eating like crazy. Also, be careful because this medicine gave me headaches and high blood pressure. I also felt light headed a few times while driving. Not to scare you but to give u heads-up ya know!
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    I used it as well. I lost about 10-15 pounds on it, but it comes back when you stop taking it. It also made me sick and gave me insomnia.
  • shandirae02
    Options
    I am currently taking Phentermine 37.5 I have lost 8 lbs in a month however I am also taking Carbadopa 5mg/ HTP 15 mg and I also get a B-12 shot which I recommend I have so much energy its great! So far I really like it! I have had no side effects and seems to be doing well with it. Best of luck in your weight loss journey.
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    My Dr. prescribed it to me last Wednesday and I have lost a little over 5lbs already. It has given me more energy and the ability to stay up a little later than I was. I had been going to be at 8:00!

The only bad thing I can say is if I go to bed at like 9:00 I might wake up at like 3 or 4 am and stay awake for 30 minutes to 1 hour before going back to sleep. But I don't wake up feeling tired like I use to.

I haven't experience dry mouth or anything like that yet either.
  • moonbeam74
    Options
    My Doc gave it to me a few years ago. I lost over 40 lbs on it. I wasn't hungry, I had energy to exercise! I was a mean machine. But then he took me off of it to lose the weight myself. I don't know if it was the thought that I didn't have that pill, or if it really worked, but I gained all my weight plus more back since going off of it. I want to go back on it, to jump start my weight loss again. But I know he won't put me back on it. Good luck with it, I hope it works for you.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    it's the only remaining legal part of phen-fen. The stuff that was killing people. It's banned in europe because it is unsafe.

I recommend MFP. 100% safe and effective, no pesky heart attacks.

I hope you choose to leave drugs alone. they're bad, mmmkay~
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Been there several times. Lost weight but then my body got used to taking them and they didnt have the same effect. Then I noticed how irritable I was at the end of the day, the inability to remain asleep at night cause my mind was racing and OMG if i didnt have enough to eat at then EOD when they wore off, you better look out! it was gonna get ugly.

I wasnt changing anything about my choices, my environment NOTHING! Just popping a pill and not really eating. So basically it wasnt good for ME. Which doesnt mean it wont work for you.

My only advice to you is actually follow a healthy food plan and exercise, You wont need those stinking diet pills.

P.S. we had a love/hate relationship. It took me about a week to recover once I stopped taking them.
  • kjrobinette
    Options
    I took it and hated it. It suppressed my appetite wayyy to much and made me feel like I was going crazy. I decided to stick to the old fashioned way of staying full. Drinking lots of water.
  • angela82628
    angela82628 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up guys. I'd really hate to gain all the weight I lose back after I stop taking it. Haven't had any side effects at all as of yet, but it has only been 4 days.
    Oh, and I am on a diet and exercise program too. My doc is also giving me a B12 shot with lipotropics in it. He also recommended I take a daily multivitamin, omega 3, calcium, D3 and an antioxidant.
    I am following all of his orders so far but am a little scared of the phentermine. If anyone wants to track my progress to see if my doctor knows what he's talking about or not, just friend request me and view my page anytime.
  • ffleury
    Options
    I have used it on and off for the last year, I have lost a total of 65 lbs in that year. My doctor would only allow me to stay on it for 3 to 4 months at a time. I have not taken it for about 3 months and have maintained my weight with exercise and counting calories, which I also did while I was taking phentermine. I would still like to lose another 30 lbs or so, but will just do it with diet and exercise. I think phentermine works if you change your eating habits while you are taking them, if definatley helped suppress my appitite. :flowerforyou:
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    . I think phentermine works if you change your eating habits while you are taking them, if definatley helped suppress my appitite. :flowerforyou:

I agree. It can be a nice tool to help you get started, but if you don't change your habits- you'll gain the weight back and more.
    Good luck!!
  • valjividen
    Options
    I agree with others who suggest you use Phentermine as a tool to help you develop better eating habits. I've had success with it. In fact, I've been taking it since the beginning of August and have lost 25 pounds so far. However, I have started to notice it isn't working as well as it used to. The way I look at it, this medication has helped me learn to eat more healthfully by suppressing my appetite and giving me time to really think about what and why I eat. My thoughts about food have changed. It isn't always on my mind. I think of it as fuel for my body now. My energy is better than it has been in years! Give it a try. If you take other medications, maybe you are having compatibility issues. Your doctor could help with that.
  • tigersgirl
    tigersgirl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am just finishing up my last month of a 3 month cycle. I have had a few of the side effects- the dry mouth, insomnia a little. On the plus side I have lot 20lbs, and really changed my lifestyle. It helped me have the energy to start working out and be really conscious of my eating habits. I know there is a lot of people who have gained their weight lost back. My whole goal with taking this was to help me jump start my weight loss and get me some results to keep me motivated to continue with my weight loss after I stop taking it. Good Luck with your journey.
  • aaishah1
    Options
    I used it and it works! You must follow the eating plan for the first 2wk.My first 2wks I've losted 18lbs.
  • luvleyladii
    Options
    I was prescribed Phentermine by my doctor and I lost 40 lbs in 7months with minimal side affects. No diet or exercise. Although, I do not recommend taking the pill without eating properly and at least moderate exercise. The pills really work great for that extra push you need to kick start the weight loss but eating right and exercise will help you keep it off. That was the mistake i made getting comfortable with loosing and not changing my habits. I gained some of the weight back after 2 yrs but now i know what to do. Overall it works and You will look and feel great.
  • ongard2000
    ongard2000 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had try the prescription phentermine 37.5 but it did not work that well for me so I heard about a natural phentermine 37.5 version and so far I lost about 7 pounds a month without the need to go to a doctor to get a prescription. I recommend to a friend of mine and she is doing well with it as well. I order it online from a site www.dietdiscountstore.com/phentermine375.html
    They are pretty good about send the package on line and I have been get this natural version from them for the past 6 months.
  • ongard2000
    ongard2000 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sorry not sure if I enter the link on my previous post correctly.

www.dietdiscountstore.com/phentermine375.html
  • luulu1999
    luulu1999 Posts: 119
    Options
    I also have mixed feeling about this....I actually have some in my purse....I have had em since November really the only time I take them is when I need to massively clean my house or something like that....I took a half of one a couple weeks ago but its like sometimes they make me not hungry and other times I can't even tell I took them.....I have lost 7lbs in 2 weeks just by counting my calories and a little exercise so that it what I am going to stick to
  • Tino511
    Options
    I just started using it today. I have been diagnosed with hypothyroid and gained a lot of weight. I have been trying numerous diets with no results. Right now I am following a 1800 calorie a day diet (which I have been using less calories because I think that is a little high) and going to the gym 5 days a week. I took it at 11am today. I have been drinking a lot of water and feel very ALERT. Like laser focused on everything I do, which is not a bad thing. I am really hoping this will jump start me losing a significant amount of weight. Please let me know how everyone feels on it! We can help each other through this. Thank everyone!