Post-work out snack

Options
What do you all eat as a post work out snack?

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Either lunch or a shake, depending on when I work out.
  • kroonha
    kroonha Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Usually I eat a banana or an activia yoghurt. If I'm especially hungry, I get some light Philadelphia (thin layer), a handful of salad, some tomato and a few drops of hot sauce in a wrap and eat that (Any veggies can be thrown in there, really). Favourite three things to munch on and they make me feel full enough.
  • roniredd
    Options
    I like to drink a glass of chocolate milk.
  • 52dietplan
    Options
    You should really try to eat some protein within an hour after working out. It helps the muscles you just worked out to stay strong and repair themselves.
    As mentioned above, protein shakes are a good, quick snack, but you can also go with any 'clean' proteins: grilled chicken, eggs (2:1 whites to yokes ratio), milk, fish.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    My workouts tend to fall before meal time. If it's in the morning, I usually have breakfast right after; in the evening, I usually have dinner right after. I like to have any combination of whole grains, protein (lean or high in healthy fats, like nuts), vegetables, and fruit.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    My workout time also falls right before dinner or on the weekends before breakfast, so I usually plan around that!
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    You should really try to eat some protein within an hour after working out. It helps the muscles you just worked out to stay strong and repair themselves.
    As mentioned above, protein shakes are a good, quick snack, but you can also go with any 'clean' proteins: grilled chicken, eggs (2:1 whites to yokes ratio), milk, fish.

:huh:

If I train in the mornings, just 10g of BCAAs. Evening sessions, either dinner or Fage with raspberries.