Breakfast made sick

Options
I usually eat oatmeal in the morning. Today i got bored and decided to eat a eggwhite, turkey bacon wrap. Right after I finished i got nauses and it made me vomit. Could this be because my body is so use to the oats in the morning?

Replies

• claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    No ,that is not a normal response to food .Check with your Doctor
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    That's unlikely. It could be a fluke, or perhaps one of the items was not fresh. Have you eaten these foods before?

ETA: Personally, I would not consider this happening once as a need to call a doctor. If it happens routinely, then I agree that a trip to the doctor may be in order. Or perhaps a trip to the drug store for a pregnancy test, if it only happens in the morning.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    no. could be something was spoiled if it was that kind of immediate reaction. i second the motion to get thee to a doctor
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    first thought. Are you pregnant?
  • maybellinerq
    Options
    I'm not pregnant. I had green tea in the morning and it didn't make sick. It doesn't happen often so I agree that something may have been spoiled.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    If your normal diet is relatively low in fat and you ate something as greasy as turkey bacon, it could just be your stomach wasn't used to the grease. I know that happens to me when I eat extremely greasy foods. If it happens again, see a doctor.
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    did you cook the bacon properly?
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    The smell of eggs always makes me feel nauseated. My co-worker cooks eggs in the microwave most mornings. I often have to leave the office for fresh air.
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    1. Did you make it at home or buy it out? Most likely cause would be a sanitation/freshness issue at the establishment.

2. On the other hand, the literature says we develop a gut flora based on the types of nutrients we feed it. That's why some people find it easier to do a gradual shift rather than a dramatic shift. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gut_flora

If you are cooking at home, perhaps first try egg whites mixed into your oatmeal. Then, move to whole grain bread with your eggs/bacon before trying to go directly to a high fat/high protein breakfast. Once your gut bacteria has balanced for more protein & fat, you won't get that reaction.

3. You could be allergic to one of the ingredients. Many people are allergic to eggs. If it was prepared at a restaurant, they could easily have put a spice or ingredient to which you are allergic, such as MSG.
  • maybellinerq
    Options
    I bought it at my jobs caffeteria. I eat egg whites at home and whole wheat. I do eat a variaty of things but usually not greasy.
  • maybellinerq
    Options
    I think that might have happeed becasue i haven't eaten greasy foods in a while.