Need excersise ideas please help i'm new to this site

Options
I'm 20 years old and need help lossing weight and i wanna tone my arms, thighs, butt, and gut. Does anyone know any good at home things i can do to help tone those. I just had a son and need to loss the baby fat. So any advice you have will be great.

2545510.pngCreated by MyFitnessPal.com-Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    welcome! there are a lot of diff workout dvds that you can get that target diff areas of your body. i would recommend a pair of 5lb hand weights and a resistance band to start :) as far as your gut...crunches are truly the best in my opinion!!! if you need some extra help feel free to add me as a friend :) and good luck!
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    One of my favorite exercises to do is something I heard from Jillian on the Biggest Loser. You take a deck of cards and each suit represents a different exercise (whatever you want them to be) mine are Diamonds are push-ups, Hearts are squats, Spades are crunches and Clubs are reverse crunches, Aces are 1 minute breaks. What you do is: shuffle the deck, flip up the first one and do it how ever many times the number on the card says (2-10 is just that, 2-10 and J-K is 10). The hard part is when you do several of the same exercise in a row or getting up and down from the floor to standing. It really is an awesome work out that you can take anywhere with you. I do it 2 days a week as my strength training exercise. Good luck!!!!
  • knakau
    knakau Posts: 29
    Options
    DANCE DANCE DANCE!
    Get the tunes on and boogie on down with your tot!
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Zumba DVD's (if you cant get to the classes) or if you cant afford them, Youtube has alot available so you can sort and compile a workout to suit you. =)
  • CatherinaD
    Options
    That is a really great idea. I just have to think of the workouts for each suit.

2545510.pngCreated by MyFitnessPal.com-Free Calorie Counter
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    FYI: I had to write it down the first couple of times I did it. :wink: