Help pls with food intake

Options
hi everyone im just a week into mfp, though have been on weightloss programme since june and have already lost 25kg, before i found this site. My problem is that im having difficulty finding snacks that will bulk up my calorie intake but keep my sugars down as most of my sugar intake is taken up with my 3 coffees with half milk/half water. im loathed to give these up as they are my one comfort right now lol and a drastic scale down on the 6-10 i used to drink daily. any tips or ideas for snacks that will help me get the right calorie intake would be marvelous and much appreciated.

Replies

• rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Open your diary so we can see what you currently eat to help give us ideas to help you. I rarely have to worry about bulking up calories, usually protein.
  • wannabe2229
    Options
    Not sure if I understand correctly but I would use Stevia rather than sugar in cooking any snacks. Lots of ideas for high protein snacks.
  • 2dare2dream
    2dare2dream Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    sorry new to this site and didnt realise it was locked :embarassed:
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Do you like nuts? I recently started adding nuts back into my diet and that is helping to boost my calorie intake. This week has been pistachio's, and a tsp of natural peanut butter (jiff has a wonderful natural PB).
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary and didn't see your coffees. You may be taking in more calories than you think if you are not logging them. My 2 coffees in the morning are 114 calories. High calorie snaks that are low in sugar are nuts & avocados. You could also make some popcorn. What is a rocket? It's listed on your diary in a salad with cucumbers. :flowerforyou:
  • 2dare2dream
    Options
    I looked at your diary and didn't see your coffees. You may be taking in more calories than you think if you are not logging them. My 2 coffees in the morning are 114 calories. High calorie snaks that are low in sugar are nuts & avocados. You could also make some popcorn. What is a rocket? It's listed on your diary in a salad with cucumbers. :flowerforyou:

rocket is a peppery salad leaf
    At present im losing too m uch a week and trying to bulk up calories to slow weightloss down so that i might actually keep them off .i use the milk for my coffee with hotwater so thought listing milk would be enough as it just milk water and teaspoon of instant three times a day but will try listing the coffees individually to see if that makes difference ..thank you for that tip
  • RitaCarriere
    RitaCarriere Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I can't offer you much advice on what to eat that will help because I'm still figuring things out for myself, but I did want to mention that it's great that you are asking instead of allowing this to get to overwhelming. Stay the course and together we will be able to achieve our goals :-)
  • 2dare2dream
    Options
    i dont need to track sugar if i dont have medical condition that requires it ? surely if i go over my sugar intake then i will be affecting my weightloss or am i wrong ? im kind of bamboozled and confuddled working out what i need to count and dont.
  • mapenguinkeeper
    Options
    as long as you are not stuffing yourself w/cake, cookies, donuts, pie, sodas, etc. you don't need to worry about sugar. I have 2 coffees a day, but dropped the sugar and switched from skim to 1/2 n 1/2 which is sweet enough I don't miss the sugar.

Snack ideas that keep me full are abundant as I am easily bored w/the same food day in and out and I've truly found that you (a) feel better and (b) lose weight when you "eat the rainbow."

my snack today is hummus w/red pepper strips to dip
    yesterday was an apple and almond butter
    thin slice of multi-grain toast w/mashed avocado and cottage cheese
    plain greek yogurt w/either fresh cut-up fruit or some dill and cucumber - be sure to choose plain and flavor yourself - plain has only 6-9 grams of sugar (depends on brand) and the fruited ones climb to over 17grams
    I always keep a can of unsalted, mixed nuts in my drawer
    banana and almond butter
    thin slice of multi-grain toast w/schmear of cream cheese and hot pepper jelly
    hard boiled egg
    endive leaves and salsa
    baby carrots, grape tomatoes, snow or sugar snap peas, green beans and hummus or baba ghanoush
    sea salted edamame
    lentil crackers and cheese
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Low sugar snacks - nuts, edamame, veggie sticks w/ hummus, guacamole or pb, tuna/chicken/egg salad, V8, string cheese
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    i dont need to track sugar if i dont have medical condition that requires it ? surely if i go over my sugar intake then i will be affecting my weightloss or am i wrong ? im kind of bamboozled and confuddled working out what i need to count and dont.

Nope. Theoretically, as long as you are under your calorie goal each day you will lose weight no matter what actual foods you eat. However, even more specific than that, sugar is a carb. If you aren't going over your carbs limit, it is pretty much impossible to be getting too much sugar (note, that means ACTUALLY too much, not just exceeding the limit MFP gives you, which is very very low).