I need help...

Options
Ok, so I am soooooo hungry, so I eat and then I totally go over my calorie count for the day. I need help to fit in food that keeps me full but doesn't put me over my quota. And slim fast shakes just don't do it for me. What are some things you eat throught the day or are your meals? I'll do anything! :embarassed:

Replies

• iluvmy2kids2
    Options
    Ok, so I am soooooo hungry, so I eat and then I totally go over my calorie count for the day. I need help to fit in food that keeps me full but doesn't put me over my quota. And slim fast shakes just don't do it for me. What are some things you eat throught the day or are your meals? I'll do anything! :embarassed:
  • lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    As I snack, I like celery stuffed with Light Laughing Cow Cheese - only 35 calories per wedge. I like the Swiss and Herb and Garlic ones YUMMM
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Check out the "Twenty Somethings Challenge" thread. I have posted there my entire days food since this past Tuesday. It's a challenge we're doing to lose 20 pounds in 13 weeks and are posting what we eat and our exercise. May give you some ideas...and if you care to join, you're more than welcome!!! Check it out!!! And I wish you luck!:flowerforyou:
  • Saluna
    Saluna Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I eat ryvita or crackerbread with cucumber, fills me up everytime, a banana and a shape yoghurt does the trick for me too.
    Don't expect too much at the beginning, find the right food for you and soon you'll be happy.
    Good luck and best wishes
    Saluna xxx
  • latinmermaid
    Options
    The key to feeling full is eating more foods with whole grain fiber. Fiber helps keep you full so does water. I read that the majority of the time we think we are hungry when we shoudn't be is because our bodies are lacking the water it needs. Keep drinking water throughout the day and you will notice a change in your appetite.
    48687.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • EllaBella
    EllaBella Posts: 140
    Options
    Try some oatmeal--it really sticks with you. I still put on some sugar and a little milk and of course I make sure to record it also! I'm not a big fan of all the fat-free products--I like to eat "real" food:laugh:
    For lunch today, I just had a baked potato and then I steamed some California blend and put that on top of the potato along with a cheesy white sauce. I made the sauce with real butter, flour, milk, and velveeta cheese. 1 T.=38 cal. The only bad part is that Velveeta is very high in sodium. I'd be glad to share the recipe if you're interested:happy:
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    grapes, pears and any fiber one product with a glass of water will fill you up for hours! Good luck!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I've learned the hard way you SOOO have to eat the right foods
    What works for me...

apples
    frosted mini-wheats and grape-nuts
    almonds
    100 cal english muffins
    100 cal waffles (ton of them that are pretty good)
    160-170 cal oatmeal packs
    180 cals bagel hot dogs (I forget the real name..LOl..they are whole grain bagels with cream cheese..in the freezer isle)
    100 cal turkey burger with 60 cals cheese and 110 whole wheat bun
    80 cal string cheese
    80 cal yogurts
    140 cal FiberOne bars and 180 cal Kashi bars
    170 cal EAS drinks...slim fast are a waste..these actually taste good and keep u full

I always have 3 meals and 3/4 snacks...never let yourslef get too hungry
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    So many have already stated some really great ideas.

I just wanted to share with you that it is actually easier than you think. Just about everything has a super low cal substitute for the original. I buy reduced fat crackers, cheeses, breads even ice cream...you just have to look for them and compare. The hard part is, it usually takes some time finding them at first.

It does get easier, I promise.:smile:

and remember...never let yourself get full and never let yourself get hungry. You'll do fine.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    and remember...never let yourself get full and never let yourself get hungry. You'll do fine.

What a GREAT point! I never thought of it that way. Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    For me, the low carb approach helps. If I stay away from sugars and starches (whole grains seem to be ok), and eat protein rich meals and snacks, I tend to not want to go nuts. But if I even eat ONE lousy M&M, I am going to eat the whole bag. I also don't seem to get as hungry, or at least when I am hungry I don't feel the need to pig out. The interesting thing is that I also don't get shaky, which I do when I am hungry but NOT following a low carb plan. I think it is a little different for each person, though.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options

What a GREAT point! I never thought of it that way. Thanks :flowerforyou:

You are very welcome, Becky. I so love that rule!:happy:
  • kristinapowell
    Options
    to tell you the truth I have always heard that sometimes when you are hungry but you yourself know in your head you should not be yet that you might just be dehydrated. So I know when I start feeling that way I just drink a cup of water and it always seems to fill me up.
    Hope this helps
  • abjones80
    abjones80 Posts: 32
    Options
    hello!

I just joined the site, and notice that our goals are very close! I just wanted to say congratulations on your success so far. thats GREAT

78781.png
  • iluvmy2kids2
    Options
    Thanks to everyone and their ideas. Hopefully I can use them to my advantage:happy: