THE MYTH OF MOTIVATION (AND WHAT YOU NEED INSTEAD)

Options

Replies

• marvelmo
    marvelmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Powerful! Thank you for sharing
  • mimi337
    mimi337 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Outstanding... Thanks
  • Kazmerelda
    Kazmerelda Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    this was the kind of thoughts that were in my head this morning when I didn't get that almond croissant and had my cereal and fruit. I have all the time in the world to have almond croissants they aren't going anywhere but my health and weight need to be better.

Great post!
  • CatAMcC
    CatAMcC Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Just what I needed.
  • Maureen214
    Maureen214 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!

I beat cancer 9 years ago and still can't decide to lose 50-80 pounds to lower my cholesterol stop my back knee and leg pains and live longer and better?!?!? I'm on blood thinners, migraine medicine, cholesterol medicine, reflux medicine, pain medicine, have to get screened for cancer coming back; have to have my blood checked every few weeks, have sleep apnea and have to sleep with a CPAP machine, but so what?!? That's the hand I have to play now. I just have to decide thAt's it. All of these problems won't go away. But some of them may actually be more manageable with weight loss.

You're right. I just need to decide that's it and that's why. I can't whine about my period pain on top of all these other poor meeees and take a break and eat some ice cream and lay on the couch. Yes, my pains And challenges are real, but so what. Again, I just have to decide and do as much as I physically can and let the rest fall into place.
  • Lifeisgood4
    Lifeisgood4 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    bump
  • StripedSmoker
    StripedSmoker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Dude, yes :D
  • elsdonward
    elsdonward Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    This is a surprisingly enlightened statement from a young person. It shows that you have seen through to the reality of where we are in the living moment, where all of the poor decisions you made are around you. And then you have the job to be re-born for the rest of your life - or else give in to the excuses, the stories, the demons of the past and present.

Thanks for showing me that there are people who are alive in the world
  • JasonT1973
    JasonT1973 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Abso-effing-lutely!!!

I appreciate the service AND the message!!!
  • coffee4me57
    Options
    Love it!
  • cindyb1984
    cindyb1984 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    So true!
  • CathieMW
    CathieMW Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Saved this on my favorites. I need to read this often.

Bumped!
  • chilicoco
    chilicoco Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    So, because some things are "harder," things that are difficult but less hard than nuclear disarmament - an idea that's never been achieved since nukes became a thing - aren't ALSO hard?

Yeah, not buying it. Finishing a marathon in 2 hours on foot is hard. Running a marathon is still hard, even if it's easier than running it with such a tight time constraint.
  • red1123
    red1123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can find this again when I need a push!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    So, because some things are "harder," things that are difficult but less hard than nuclear disarmament - an idea that's never been achieved since nukes became a thing - aren't ALSO hard?

Yeah, not buying it. Finishing a marathon in 2 hours on foot is hard. Running a marathon is still hard, even if it's easier than running it with such a tight time constraint.

Okay
  • truelove7
    truelove7 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump to find later! Great post!
  • ballpal
    ballpal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I need support (and discipline) lol
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post. 100% self responsibility!