measuring ice cream

Options
Hi everyone!

So..I have a question. Roughly how big is a 2.5 ounce scoop of ice cream? When you buy a scoop from baskin robbins and the really fill up the ice cream scoop, that would be more than 2.5 ounce, right? When measuring with a 2.5 ounce scoop, do you make a perfect small round ball or should it be flat on one side?

I know this is probably a ridiculous sounding question, but ice cream is the one thing I can keep in my house and not binge on. I buy ice cream from baskin robbins (buy one get one free tuesdays) and keep it in my freezer, measuring out 1-2 scoops sometimes at night if I can fit it in. I just want to make sure I am doing it right (as it is very caloric). I usually take my ice cream scoop and measure out a small, round ball (smaller than the "scoops" they put in the container).

Thoughts are appreciated!

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    If you're at home, just weigh out the serving using a kitchen scale. Once you get used to what a serving looks like, you'll be able to estimate what they give you at an ice cream shop (I'm guessing it's far more than a serving). Actually, the gelato shop I go to weighs out their servings, so I know what I'm getting is accurate (and they have better product control).
  • horselo285
    horselo285 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thats a good idea. I never thought of weighing it. lol

Now I just need to get batteries for my scale- it ran out :( (luckily the vast majority of what I eat is either already portioned out or I know how to measure it).

Thanks again!