NEW

Options
Hello my name is Megan. I have been doing a lot of searching for plans that will guide me in losing some weight. I started gaining weight about 6 months ago and have gained about 12-14 lbs or unwanted weight. During that time I made a lot of bad choices with foods. I used foods to numb what I was feeling. It made me feel horrible, but it worked. At this point I am sick of it and am ready to get my body back to how healthy it used to be. I am a runner and it tough for me to run when I eat way too much. I want to get my love for running back and I think by monitoring what I eat and how much I exercise I can get there.
I am the type of person who likes results literally right away and I see that results don't come all at once with weight loss. So I need patience. Any advice anyone has would be great. I love hearing how people have overcome their own struggles!

Replies

• summrrskinny
    Options
    Start with a dramatic calorie restriction.
    Drink lots of water. Water is your new best friend.
    And green tea with no sugar and ice water.
    Drink those all the day and youll be less hungry and more full.
    Swap everything to a light version.
    Cut carbs - no more potatoe, definetely no white bread, (brown bread only have a little amount now) and cut down on pasta
    make your meals half vegetable or fruit
    i eat sugar free jelly to fill me up and it's only 3 cal a pot.
    record every calorie that goes past your lips.
    Exercise now, try and fit in 30 minutes of exercise 3 times a week then build up to 5 then eventually 6 or 7.
    Exercise DVDs, walking, running, gym, crosstrainer, resistance weights, dance and aerobics classes, swimming, stomach crunches. Just do it.
    Know that it's now a new lifestyle not a quick fix and if you arent ready to perservere then you arent ready to lose weight. harsh but true!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • meggo1
    meggo1 Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!