Taking my run to the next lever-longer, or faster?

Options
I have been doing the same run in the early morning for the past couple of months. I am looking to take it up a notch, wondering if anyone had any advice, regarding increasing speed, or maintaing the same speed, but increasing distance and time running.

I guess,they really are the same thing because if I were to focus on increasing the speed, and then I would have more time, to increase the distance in the same amount of time.

Thoughts?

Replies

• zeroinshawn
    Options
    Why do one or the other? Change it up... go longer today, tomorrow go shorter but faster. Both are good for you and it will change up your routine!
  • Alanhalil
    Alanhalil Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Really does depend on what your aims are. Do you practice a sport that requires a certain type of fitness or endurance? Or is this all to make your birthday suit better?
  • the_green_midget
    the_green_midget Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    From my personal experience, which isn't much, I found that increasing the distance of my runs also helped improve the speed of my shorter runs.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    How long have you been running for? How frequently are you running? What's your current longest distance?

Without knowing the above it's pure guesswork.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Run further. This will also increase your speed.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    How long have you been running for? How frequently are you running? What's your current longest distance?

Without knowing the above it's pure guesswork.

And what is your goal? Overall fitness? Run a fast 5K (or any other distance)? Burn calories?