i just had the most serious breakdown i have ever had

natalaylay09
natalaylay09 Posts: 14
edited September 22 in Motivation and Support
i binged like a person that hasnt eaten in months.. Nd im still "hungry" i need help :/
But i have no one to talk to..

Replies

• hoperenee88
    hoperenee88 Posts: 11 Member
    I cant lose weight at all i have done this for 40 days and have lost 3 pounds have sat and cried all day today :( what do i do?
  • what feelings brought this on? its hard to stop these bad habits I know! but try to understand why you're doing it... changing your eating habits start in your head....
  • jalovec
    jalovec Posts: 62
    Whatever you do, don't panic! One day (one binge) is not the end of the world. Really. It's what you do most days that count. You're probably still hungry because your insulin levels are really high right now. Have some green tea, or lots of water, or try to exercise. Or something really high in fiber would be good too. You're fine, just get back on track.
  • digitalyssa
    digitalyssa Posts: 112 Member
    don't sweat it, we ALL have those days. don't give up!
  • 3 lbs. in 40 days isn't bad...I wouldn't recommend losing more than 1 lb. a week anyway, it's not exactly healthy.
  • ambercscott87
    ambercscott87 Posts: 11 Member
    tmorrow is another day. you have to look at it as a day by day battle and it becomes a little easier.
  • It's just one day. Get back on track tomorrow. If you are starving every day you should probably adjust your goals to something more realistic and healthy. I think 1lb a week is the max for healthy weight loss. Hang in there:smile:
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    document how you feel- bad, lethargic, disappointed. Write that down somewhere where you'll look at it the next time you feel like binging. Now go run.. haha
  • Tomorrow is a new day. Don't beat yourself up, it's human nature to have a bad day.
  • msemejuru
    msemejuru Posts: 229
    Make sure you are building foods that you like into your day. If you binge on something it could be because it's "forbidden". Find lighter versions of foods and make sure you get a treat everyday. These things happen. Forgive yourself. Take it one meal at a time.
  • WE FALL DOWN BUT WE GET UP! SO GET UP AND WORK HARDER AND KNOW YOU AREN'T THE FIRST PERSON TO BINGE AND STRUGGLE......BUT NOT MANY SHARE IT. GIVE YOURSELF CREDIT BECAUSE CLEARLY YOU WANT HELP! THANKS FOR SHARING. GIRL I'VE HAD THOSE MOMENTS! AND WHEN I DO, I SHAKE IT OFF.......AND WORK OUT AN EXTRA TEN MINUTES. HUGS
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    It's just one day. Get back on track tomorrow. If you are starving every day you should probably adjust your goals to something more realistic and healthy. I think 1lb a week is the max for healthy weight loss. Hang in there:smile:

The range for healthy weight loss is up to 2 pounds a week, but the calorie deficit if you are not exercising is really hard to meet for 2 pounds loss.

I was set at 1.5 pounds a week on MFP (1340 calories a day) when I weighed 180 pounds and am 5'8". I stopped losing, even though I was exercising. I changed it back to 1 pound per week, eating 1570 calories a day and exercising to make up the difference that I wanted to lose and I am losing again. Now I am not hungry anymore and I rarely feel the need to eat more than a fraction of my exercise calories.
  • mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    i agree with the writing down what brought on the binge in the first place. I am an avid journaler, and I have a daily journal for life, and a daily journal for nutrition and I keep my nutritional journal readily available so that I can jot down the feelings I'm having at that very moment that I am eating or contemplating binging. Also personally I believe eating is a mental/emotional process so try to tackle the "WHY" you have eaten unhealthy in the first place. It could be something simple, or a little deeper. I wish you all the best, and remember "Tomorrow is a new day"
This discussion has been closed.