Breakfast and Lunch?

Options
Hi! I'm looking for some easy breakfast and lunch ideas. Hoping to get some replies from those that have found what works for them and has been successful in losing a lot of weight, as well as anyone else that's trying to lose weight. Easy, simple ingredients, work friendly. lol! I sit on my butt all day, so I'm trying to limit my carbs at work on most days. Sometimes I'm in a hurry, or I need to go grocery shopping (lol) so this is not what I eat ALL the time. But this is what I try to stick to...
These are some of my usual choices:

BREAKFAST
Usual:
Yogurt (usually greek, sometimes regular) or LF Cottage cheese + fruit (apple/grapes/pear/banana)

Sometimes:
Oatmeal

LUNCH
Usual:
Cottage cheese + apple
Salad w/ lean turkey or ham and LF dressing

Sometimes:
Lean cuisine frozen entree
Lean turkey or ham sandwich
Dinner leftovers

Thanks! :drinker:

Replies

• kgreenRDLDN
    kgreenRDLDN Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You can always try a homemade smoothie for breakfast too. You can mix it up the night before, toss it in the freezer then grab and go in the morning. Then you are getting some extra veggies & fruit in your day, along with your greek yogurt.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Easy breakfast idea is to bake a frittata or egg "muffins" and then store and take to work and then heat in microwave. A quiche or fritatta would make a nice lunch with a green salad.

I usually have a boiled egg and some cheese for breakfast. Lunch is either a salad or dinner leftovers.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I think I'd be starving.

Eggs are good! Have some eggs. Scrambled with sausage or ham and peppers, in a burrito... Or have leftovers.

For lunch I usually have some grilled chicken breast with veggies, or salad (lettuce, tomatoes or beets, chicken or ham or smoked salmon and some cheese, probably 350 calories total), eggs if I didn't have some for breakfast., a sandwich occasionally, with cheese, turkey, tomatoes, avocado or something. Sometimes I have tacos with leftover taco meat, cheese and salsa. Then I typically have a Greek yogurt or some other kind of 100-150ish calories treat.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm looking for some easy breakfast and lunch ideas. Hoping to get some replies from those that have found what works for them and has been successful in losing a lot of weight, as well as anyone else that's trying to lose weight. Easy, simple ingredients, work friendly. lol! I sit on my butt all day, so I'm trying to limit my carbs at work on most days. Sometimes I'm in a hurry, or I need to go grocery shopping (lol) so this is not what I eat ALL the time. But this is what I try to stick to...
    These are some of my usual choices:

BREAKFAST
    Usual:
    Yogurt (usually greek, sometimes regular) or LF Cottage cheese + fruit (apple/grapes/pear/banana)

Sometimes:
    Oatmeal

LUNCH
    Usual:
    Cottage cheese + apple
    Salad w/ lean turkey or ham and LF dressing

Sometimes:
    Lean cuisine frozen entree
    Lean turkey or ham sandwich
    Dinner leftovers

Thanks! :drinker:

during the week my breakfast is usually 2 slices whole wheat toast with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter OR 2 eggs, 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese, 1 small soft tortilla

my lunch varies almost daily because i typically will eat the previous night's dinner as lunch the next day.

today breakfast was the eggs, soft corn tortilla and lunch was 4oz 96% lean ground beef, sauteed peppers and onions, 1 cup arugala and 2 stand and stuff soft tortillas. (this was yesterday's lunch as well but i also had an avocado too)

monday's lunch was pork tenderloin with veggies
  • Mustgetbuff
    Mustgetbuff Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    In the warmer months I'll have a cup of Kashi cereal, a cup of 1% milk, and half a cup of orange juice. Kashi is great since it contains a lot of natural ingredients and it's higher in protein and fibre than other cereals, so you'll stay full longer. In the winter I replace the cereal with oatmeal, but I also add a quarter cup of sliced almonds to give it some texture and squeeze in more protein and healthy fats. Usually I stick to this routine on weekdays since I'm a zombie in the early morning, but on weekends I'll try make eggs of some kind.

If I'm feeling really lazy for lunch, I'll take some baby carrots, 10-12 Triscuits, and a small can of tuna (the flavoured ones, like spicy thai chili, dill and lemon, etc). It's super easy to throw together in a rush, it keeps me full, and I get a nice balance of veggies, whole grains, and protein.

Another good idea for breakfast or lunch is a banana wrap--SO tasty! Just use a small whole wheat tortilla, a tablespoon of peanut butter, two tablespoons of chopped pecans, and a banana.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I'm not a breakfast eater, never have been. I was told I needed to eat breakfast, forced myself to for 3 months and saw absolutely no change in weight loss, energy, mood, etc so I stopped.

Just remember, yes it is called breakfast, but it doesn't mean you HAVE to eat foods labeled "breakfast." Have that Turkey Sammy in the morning!!!!!
  • robsonv
    robsonv Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I usually do liquid egg whites (I just microwave in a cup for about a min. and voila), on Ezekial organic english muffin with low fat laughing cow cheese spread (or low fat cream cheese) with tomato or sometimes I chop up peppers and cook with the egg whites.....yummy and I find keeps me full all morning.

Lunch is usually a salad of some sort, just change up the ingredients often to keep it from getting boring. Or a sandwich (meat, low fat cheese, veggies) with a cup of a broth based soup of some sort.

And yes, dinner leftovers is always a great idea :)

Best of luck to you!
  • bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for me is usually 2 slices of low calorie bread, a bit of butter, and jelly. Maybe once a week I will have an egg white sandwich on the low calorie bread. Egg Beaters are super good. Every now and then I go all out and have turkey sausage and english muffins.

Lunch is Lean Cuisine or leftovers from a previous dinner.
  • mapenguinkeeper
    Options
    today was hard boiled egg and thin slice of multi-grain bread w/thin schmear of cream cheese and dollop of hot pepper jelly
    I make my own individual oatmeal paks on the weekends - 1/2 cup oats, sprinkle of cinnamon & turmeric (anti-inflammatories), 1TBSP dried fruit. In the morning simply add to a bowl w/1 cup water, microwave for 1 min and go.
    breakfast burrito
    scrambled egg & veggie lettuce cup
    thin slice of multi-grain bread w/mashed avocado and cottage cheese
    someone mentioned making a quiche on the weekends and taking slices during the week
  • ReadyToBeMeAt160
    ReadyToBeMeAt160 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    my default breakfast is oatmeal OR greek yogurt

lunch - an easy one is a sweet potato - easy to microwave, add some cinnamon and smart balance "butter" spread and you're good to go

lunch - i also sometimes have leftovers or one of my favorites is the vegan power pasta - low cal, high energy and fills you up: http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2010/10/dont-skip-lunch-vegan-power-lunch-pasta.html

canned soup is an easy one too
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Breakfast (always accompanied by coffee)

Usually:

egg taco (small flour tortilla, 1 egg, splash of southwest chipotle dressing)
    omelette (bean sprouts, cabbage or lettuce + Sriracha and 1 egg)
    1-2 scrambled eggs with bell pepper, onion & mushrooms

Sometimes:

oatmeal "muffin in a mug" (oats, brown sugar, blueberries, splash of milk + cinnamon baked in microwave 2 minutes)
    boiled egg & slice of toast
    Greek yogurt (Fage unsweetened 0%) with various toppings such as nuts, berries, honey, etc.
    Morningstar sausage and/or garlic sautéed spinach egg white omelette (sometimes with a small amount of feta or mozzarella)

Lunch

Usually:

shredded or chopped lettuce topped with some sort of frozen thing from Aldi (290 cal veggie pasta bowl, sesame noodle bowl, or bean burrito)
    leftover curry with shrimp, potatoes, carrots + coconut milk
    grilled cheese sandwich with avocado and/or mushrooms & onions (I go home for lunch most days)
    tortilla wrap filled with black beans, hummus, edamame, raw baby spinach, and if I have it, avocado slices
    crab nachos (10 tortilla chips, imitation crabmeat, sprinkling of cheddar-jack, picante sauce, microwaved for 1 minute) + fruit side

Sometimes (when my dad and I go to lunch, once per week):

Subway veggie delight flatbread
    Waffle House pecan waffle + sugar free syrup
    4 oz. of fried catfish, about 10 tater tots, and a small side salad w/o dressing
  • Michelle_MyBelle
    Michelle_MyBelle Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! :)