Four years of lifting, skinny to...well, less so

Options
Lifting made me bulky! :cry:

Pic on the left is recent. I'm in the middle of a bulk, thus my lovely abs are disappearing... :cry: But it does make for a good comparison photo, as I have one from the very start of my lifting at about the same body fat levels.

So left is October 2013, 203 pounds. Right is June 2009, 170 pounds, literally a week after I started exercise of any kind (in my case it was P90X to start with). My results have primarily come from 3-4 days a week lifting, usually for 45-60 minutes. Purely eating/lifting/protein...I've never gotten into any of the other supplements that are sometimes taken, as many (caffeine particularly) have scary side effects for my heart. So basically...this is what 30 pounds of muscle looks like on me. I'm a size 33 waist in both pictures.

yoD90H5.jpg

Replies

• 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Great progress! Although you are sad to see your abs gone for the time being, the current picture is definitely more appealing. Your arms and chest show the greatest improvement.
  • lhgalant
    lhgalant Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    great progress! my husband has a small frame, too, so I know the struggles you battle to bulk up. great job so far, though.
  • greenihlonde
    Options
    :smile: You are awesome, that is all.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies. :)
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    ...the current picture is definitely more appealing. Your arms and chest show the greatest improvement.

I second this. And once you cut you'll have your abs back. :)
  • Iron_Siren
    Options
    Love the pic on the left! Well done :drinker:
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I can't actually see any pics so had to go to your profile and I see nothing at all to be ashamed of...seriously!! You look great!!
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I think you look great, and your definition is very, very nice. Good work :smile:
  • mister_universe
    Options
    I can't actually see any pics so had to go to your profile and I see nothing at all to be ashamed of...seriously!! You look great!!

They are hosted on imgur. Your work may block photos from there.

Thanks for the kind feedback from all of you!
  • ehmadore
    ehmadore Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I like how your boobies have changed lol. Great job! How much protein do you aim for?
  • mister_universe
    Options
    I've worked very hard for my tiny boobies. :)

I aim for 200g, usually come in around 150-170. I'd like to take in more than I do currently, but what I do is adequate for my purposes according to most accepted sources.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!