120 pounds and a Body Recomp. From Fat to Personal Trainer!

Options

Replies

• knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    You look more like a college kid now than you did in college! Seriously, being fit took years off you. Wish my middle-school aged son had more teacher role models like you. Good luck on the PT exam; you're gonna shred it!
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Very well done! And good luck on your test next month. I love that you are paying it forward.
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    omg, you've lost an entire person ....... outstanding job ....... congrats on your accomplishments !

and best of luck in the future, you're an inspiration :drinker:
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    omg!!!! i cant believe it! you look amazing im so happy for you!
  • goldarae
    goldarae Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Absolutely incredible!!! Lookin' good =)
  • iconrunner
    iconrunner Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    A true inspiration - I loved reading your story. Amazing job, amazing attitude and your dedication and hard work really shows. You look fantastic. Thanks for sharing!!
  • tasharock
    tasharock Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    If you have time/patience to teach middle school kids and be a PT, I will be beyond impressed. ;)
  • VeroJuly
    VeroJuly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! Congrats on your success, and good luck on your test :)
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    awesome job! Congrats on your achievements and good luck with the PT'ing!
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    Your story is fantastic. You look like a different person. Well done! :flowerforyou:
  • davypr86
    davypr86 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats! I find your story interesting because it is similar to mine. I too weighted 192 lbs up to my last summer before college. At the end of my four year run in college I weighted 283 lbs. We are also of a similar height, 5'77'.

Right now I am at 209 lbs and I am shooting for 175 lbs.

Congrats again!
  • ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Super job! And you look so different.... !!! Congrats
  • leslilippthomas
    Options
    What an inspiration you are! Congrats to you! You are my IDOL!!
  • LoudmouthLee
    Options
    I have gotten a few PMs asking about BF% and stuff, so I thought I would post it here, too!

When I started: Height - 5'9, Weight - 310, BF% - 41.3%. Lean Muscle Mass - 182 (Fat Weight: 128 lbs)
    Where I am Now: Height - 5'9, Weight - 190, BF% - 17.2%. Lean Muscle Mass - 157 (Fat Weight: 33 lbs)
  • fat2fit2fine
    Options
    (semi-cross post elsewhere... but people said I should post this as a separate thread!)

Hi, Everyone!

In high school, I was athletic and of a slightly larger build. I was 5'8, weighed around 190. Good looking boy! - I went away to college when I was 18. The freshman 15 turned into the freshman 50 for me. Things spiraled out of control after that, and I ended up graduating college at 310 pounds, putting on 120 pounds during my college career.

Whenever I had lost weight previously, I had drastically cut calories and hit the gym hard... it was completely the wrong way to do it, and there was no way I could maintain the pace I was going at. I would drop 50 pounds, only to put 60 back on. It was wild. And horrible.

The last time I lost weight, I decided to really do research. About TDEE. About BMR. About Calories in vs. Calories out.

Throughout the entire time I have lost weight, I have eaten between 2200-2700 calories a day. If I want Pizza, I have Pizza. If I want Taco Bell, you bet. I just make better decisions when I'm there.

It took me a year, approximately, to lose 120 pounds... but over the past 6 months, I have done a major body recomposition.

The best part of this whole thing? I'm taking my personal trainer test in a month. Time to pay it all forward!

Then: 310
    1rpx14.jpg

2pycmzm.jpg

Now: 190
    2a5yyv4.jpg

250qp9s.jpg

If I can do anything to help out anyone, please add me. I'll do what I can, except listen to excuses. Aint got time for that! :)

Three words for you...
    TEACH ME MASTER!

seriously bro help me out
  • kealey1318
    kealey1318 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! What spectacular results... Best wishes on your new career journey and I wish you continued success.
  • TakeBackFit
    Options
    YOU MY FRIEND ARE AN INSPIRATION....and to lose 120lb in a year eating 2200-2700 calories is just superb. Just goes to show you don't need to eat less to lose weight.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    You were cute before and now you are drop dead gorgeous! Great smile :-) Congratulations to you!!!
  • LoudmouthLee
    Options
    YOU MY FRIEND ARE AN INSPIRATION....and to lose 120lb in a year eating 2200-2700 calories is just superb. Just goes to show you don't need to eat less to lose weight.

Oh! I ate less! Much less. I just didn't starve :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!