jimmy johns and subway

Options
2»

Replies

• 2B230
    2B230 Posts: 24
    Options
    We are getting a Jersey Mike's Subs do they have any healthy choices?
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    buffalo chicken sub at subway.. with all veggies.. Awesome!
  • planeteri
    planeteri Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of the Unwich at Jimmy John's? I'm celiac (can't eat wheat); they will wrap the sub in two large iceburg lettuce leaves, kind of like a sub burrito. Some are still going to be calorie loaded (roast beef, Italian, bacon) but without the bun they are much more carb friendly. Also, If you go to their website there is a nutrition section that allows you to edit your choice, so you can see how removing the bun, going "EZ" cheese or no mayo changes calorie/carb content.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    It's better if you make your own - then you know exactly what's in it! Most restaurants have something healthy on the menu - of course, YOU CAN EAT WHATEVER YOU DAMN WELL PLEASE...the trick is making your choices fit within your daily caloric limit.
    lol

i know its just i was also in weight watchers and the things i learned there sometimes don't mix with this website. one helpful thing was that all fruits and vegetables are ok, with the point system you can eat as much as you possibly can want.

Am I the only one that sees the issue with that ^^
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with Jimmy Johns! It is NOM!! I sub Dijon mustard for the mayo and the calories are not that bad, they are really filling, fast, easy, and delicious! They have whole wheat bread and lettuce wrap options for those terrified of carbs/the wrong carbs.

I personally don't like subway because I think their cheese and bread have no flavor and the last few I have been to have been really icky from a cleanliness standpoint (not that all of them are, I could have just been unlucky).
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    I just dont see what's wrong with jimmy johns?
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I just dont see what's wrong with jimmy johns?

Looked through their menu. Looks pretty good, nutrition-wise. Obviously there will be a lot of sodium with the processed meat. But could be a lot worse.