Trying to Avoid Unhealthy Food

Options
In my life, I have always had a hard time avoiding food. If I was offered food, I would eat it and I would eat it in copious amounts. I have been eating healthier for the last few months but I made a big step last week. Someone bought me a box of Candy Corn Oreos. I ate one and I loved it. The old me would have ate the whole box in one sitting. However, after my friend left, I threw out the box. It was hard for me to do but I find that I can't have unhealthy foods laying around in my apartment. It was a big moment for me and I am glad that unhealthy foods have less power over me now.

Replies

• l0velife1
    l0velife1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! Finally someone else who doesn't feel bad about throwing away food that isn't that good for you. My whole family has a problem with this- thinking that it is wasteful but really the food does not NEED to be eaten just because it is there.

Those Candy Corn Oreos though are amazing... throwing them away must have been dreadful. Great job!
  • paulygi
    paulygi Posts: 58
    Options
    Candy corn oreos? Wtf. Honestly its insane what they put on the market. Good job getting rid of the cookies.
  • change_21
    change_21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Candy corn oreos? Wtf. Honestly its insane what they put on the market. Good job getting rid of the cookies.

I thought that too! I was off to buy a regular pack of oreos the other day to bake something and there was like.. strawberry ice cream flavored oreos or something. Not to mention banana split and birthday cake flavors. whaat? smh.

Good job throwing them out!
  • Angila
    Angila Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! Way to go!!!
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Great job taking those steps towards discipline. That is how success stories are really made.
  • Gettinfit242
    Gettinfit242 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Im dealing with this right now.. the guys at work put a nice big box of "worlds finest" chocolates at my desk... so on the back of the box i ripped out a pic of a chick with abs from my fitness magazine and taped it to the box, so that is what i see if i even glance toward that box! so far so good! LOL
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Good job on not succumbing! I just had to throw away my pie that I made the other day after I had like three pieces in two days. Way too tempting to see every time I go in the fridge!
  • ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Wow,
    Thats a great NSV! Im not even big on sweets but I wouldn't have been fighting to throw them in the trash.
    I am so proud of you!

But candy Corn OREOs ... NEVER HEARD OF THAT !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!