Best compliment ever given to you?

Options
This thread was inspired by the Worst Thing You've Ever Been Called thread. I thought a positive one would be nice, and I'd like to hear all the nice things people say. :smile:

I think some of the best compliments come from strangers. One time I was at the gym on the treadmill, looking (what I thought was) horrid, and an older gentleman walked by and said "I love your tattoos, and that smile! What a gorgeous smile you have!" I thought that was absolutely sweet of him.

The other day I was at a busy bus stop, and a lady stopped her conversation to tell me "You are beautiful! I don't know what it is but wow, maybe it's your eyes.. no, it's the whole package. Just beautiful." And told me she wasn't hitting on me, just flirting, haha. But I was smiling for the rest of the day!

Let's hear the best compliments you've ever gotten that you'll remember forever. :heart:

Replies

• countrygirlfresh01
    Options
    I had a younger guy playing basket ball yell nice a-- as I was running one night ( im officially offended LOL ) but it felt good to know a stranger thought I has a nice booty!!!!
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I was told that I had a beautiful personality.

Better then any physical compliment I've been told!!
    :D
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I love when my patients tell me that I'm their favorite nurse. So adorable!!
  • MooAsh
    MooAsh Posts: 33
    Options
    I was told that I had a beautiful personality.

Better then any physical compliment I've been told!!
    :D
    Yay! It's always nice to hear thhose sorts of thing.
  • MooAsh
    MooAsh Posts: 33
    Options
    Nurses are so underrated here, and some of them are so grumpy. You must be fantastic, and congrats for being a favorite!
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I love it when someone tells me how well behaved my kids are :smile:
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Not one specifically, but I personally love when any stranger compliments me. They certainly don't have to, and as I like to say, if they really didn't like whatever it was they complimented, they just wouldn't say anything.
  • Gettinfit242
    Gettinfit242 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    being called a hot mom..today! HAHA will make any girl feel GREAT! and makes me want to keep eating right and busting my butt at th egym!!
  • JADEPH0EN1X
    JADEPH0EN1X Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Being called "skinny " by a friend - who really is skinny !!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    I'm on mat leave and the other day I visited my workplace with my 8 month old baby.. Everyone was like wow you've lost the weight already, good job, etc. it felt good to hear that because I actually felt like I haven't lost enough yet.
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Nurses are so underrated here, and some of them are so grumpy. You must be fantastic, and congrats for being a favorite!

Aw, thanks girl! That was super sweet!
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    On here(mfp) someone told me I was gorgeous today that made me smile like a lunatic lol, :happy:
  • frenchfancy123
    frenchfancy123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    by someone i'd just met. My friend brought up that i was losing weight and she said: "i hardly know you but why? you're a beautiful woman" best thing ever
  • Mustgetbuff
    Mustgetbuff Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I was at a formal function with my husband when he introduced me to the wife of one of his coworkers. After learning my name she began to praise my appearance, telling me that I was beautiful, a show stopper, and that I truly stood out in the crowd. It was so nice to hear when I was already standing in a room full of people dressed to the nines.
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    "Wow, you are so skinny" or the fact that I've been labeled "Barbie". I mean she has everything so hey why not :)
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    some random little hot chick at the gym I used to go to told me she could tell the weight was coming off
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    My ex told me I bring out the best in everyone I know. I loved hearing that.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    people on here constantly say that i look like justin timberlake....that makes me blush haha
  • Mustgetbuff
    Mustgetbuff Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    people on here constantly say that i look like justin timberlake....that makes me blush haha

You totally do, it's so eerie. I do a double take any time you post on the forum and I see your picture.
  • mjkanaan
    mjkanaan Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love it when someone tells me how well behaved my kids are :smile:

^This^ I just went to school conferences and kept hearing from the teachers what a joy my kids are (they're 13, so that's not something you get every day any more!), and how grateful they are to have them in their classes. They kept complimenting me on what a great job I've done with them. That was the best compliment I could've gotten all year!!!