Lovin' the success :)

Options
Hey guys!

So its only been 15 pounds buttttt I feel so much better about myself! When I first started I couldn't run 30 seconds without feeling like I would die, I ate a ridiculous amount of McDonald's, Little Ceaser's and Taco Bell, and I couldn't wear jeans on casual Fridays because none of them fit unless I unbuttoned them at my desk. Now I can run 8 miles, I eat a ridiculous amount of Greek yogurt and had to buy new jeans (skinnies even!).

The first picture is from my 22nd birthday party (don't mind the drink). I believe I was around 205. I didn't actually make a real go at this until July (206 lbs) but there hadn't been any pictures between January and July. Anyway, second picture was from the other day. :)

Oh, and I got a haircut!

2005e62d-83d4-4d5f-bc56-4e70581d6a80_zps2d79e7c3.jpg

Replies

• V4everfit
    V4everfit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You only lost 15lbs? It looks like you lost about 30lbs. Did you weight train? You look good.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Great work!!! I bit the bullet and took before pictures... I've lost 9 lbs but not noticeably. Keep up the good work!! How did you get up to running 8 miles??! I used to hate running but I've been easing into it for 5 weeks now...and love it!
  • missionskinnynow
    missionskinnynow Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You look awesome, and may I say, SO much younger than the "before" pic ?
  • Courtney011691
    Options
    You only lost 15lbs? It looks like you lost about 30lbs. Did you weight train? You look good.

I did a little bit with some dumbbells but never anything consistent. It was usually just sitting on the couch watching TV and I'd pick one up and start.

I would say that I have to carry my dog a lot. He's about 50 lbs now and absolutely terrified of skateboards. And I live just a few blocks from a skate park! Every time he sees one he tries to run and the only way to get past is for me to carry him. It's quite the workout!
  • Courtney011691
    Options
    You look amazing!! Great work!!! I bit the bullet and took before pictures... I've lost 9 lbs but not noticeably. Keep up the good work!! How did you get up to running 8 miles??! I used to hate running but I've been easing into it for 5 weeks now...and love it!

Thank you!

The first few weeks I just ran as much as I could. At first it was only a few minutes at a time. Once I was able to run 2 miles without walking I started a half-marathon training plan from RunKeeper. That really helped me stay focused and motivated to run longer.
  • kealey1318
    kealey1318 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look super awesome!
  • Lovely_at_any_size
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing!
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    VERY WELL DONE!!
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    The first few weeks I just ran as much as I could. At first it was only a few minutes at a time. Once I was able to run 2 miles without walking I started a half-marathon training plan from RunKeeper. That really helped me stay focused and motivated to run longer.

Hehe! That's so cute. ^_^ Congrats on your loss - you're looking excellent!!
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, WRONG QUOTE. I'm so silly. I was giggling at the puppy-carrying story. >.<
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Great success!!! You do look like you lost more than 15. I had to do a similar thing with a 50 lb foster dog who should've been 40, and too lazy to walk in a parade. I had to keep picking her up and running to catch up with the rest of our group. You're right, it's a workout!
  • drenergy
    drenergy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Good job! If you can run 8 miles, you can run a half marathon. JUST SAYIN :D
  • Courtney011691
    Options
    Good job! If you can run 8 miles, you can run a half marathon. JUST SAYIN :D

I hope so! I'm running in one tomorrow morning! I've never ran more than 8 but I said wth, I'll do it anyway :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!