Options
TaraMaria
TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
Just curious! :o)

Replies

• kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Options
    Love watching the biggest loser. Not realistic weight loss for all the rest of us though!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    for some reason I'm only seeing very small parts when I change channels there must be something else on at the same time
  • Iluvchopsticks
    Iluvchopsticks Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the biggest loser. It is my favorite "reality" show. I love that it sends a positive message to America that yes you can lose weight through sensible nutrition and exercise and warns against dangerous surgeries like gastric bypass. I hate that so many doctors push that, it's scary! Oh yeah and I love Jillian (and Bob too).
  • lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I watch it whenever I can. I find it tremendously motivating.
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    Me too! I'm really loving this season. I think its because its NOT couples and there isn't so much "ganging" up on other people. I'm also all about seeing before, during and after. Its an amazing journey and its not easy for anyone!
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I have watched it online a few times. Never been a big fan of losing that much weight that fast, but then it is TV.
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Im sorta watching,, been on the phone. lol
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I watch, It makes me glad I am losing without that. I like some of it and other times I don't, like when people get hurt from challenges.
  • marquesj
    Options
    Love this show.. I think he did throw the weigh in.. what do you think?
  • charlotte3
    Options
    I watched and do wish it was a little more reolistic. When Rick went home he still was able to work out 3 hours at least everyday, what about a job and kids and house work? I get up at 4:30 am work for 10 hours and am working on my masters degree, I don't have that kind of time available. I guess If I sold my 3 kids I might ...well actually keep the kids sell the hubby he takes up more time then they do! :0)
    Charlotte
  • Still_Doll
    Options
    I love the Biggest Loser, but I can't figure out what channel it comes on! >:0 I just got dish. Does anyone know what channel it come on?
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My favorite reality show! I've been watching it for a few seasons now.

Charlotte~ Rick doesn't have kids at home anymore so he'd be more likely to have free time to workout before and after work. No fair. :) (and he's likely not working on a masters degree)

YES I think Brennan (I think I have his name right) threw the weigh-in! Just like I am still convinced that Melissa was game playing BIG time last season.

Still Doll~ I don't know the channel but I think its NBC.
  • kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Options
    I agree that Brennan threw the weigh in and I am sure Melissa was busy game playing! Brennan wasn't impressed when they all agreed to not throw the weigh in.
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    O. M. G. Don't you even get me STARTED on Melissa. I still have nightmares of her WALKING in...that red shirt...that smirky smile...

***shiver***

Last year and this year is the first real times I've paid attention but I've really enjoyed it. I wonder if there was so much game playing in the earlier seasons...anyone know?
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    O. M. G. Don't you even get me STARTED on Melissa. I still have nightmares of her WALKING in...that red shirt...that smirky smile...

***shiver***

Last year and this year is the first real times I've paid attention but I've really enjoyed it. I wonder if there was so much game playing in the earlier seasons...anyone know?

I've only started paying attention in the last few years myself. Last season it was definitely Melissa. The season before that it was a girl named Tracy. The season before THAT it was Ron and Mike which really surprised me. I didn't realize how sneaky they were until the end when they turned on Kristine (I think that was her name). I do realize its a game and this is going to happen. But I'm always disappointed in those people. I get more enjoyment watching the people who are more focused on learning and getting rid of old habits than the game players. Last season I absolutely adored O'Neal and Sunshine! I decided they were my favorites from the very first show!

I'm addicted to Biggest Loser now and while at the American Dietetic Association's National Food and Conference Expo last year I got to meet Cheryl Forberg! I have a signed copy of her book! She's the Registered Dietitian for the show and teaches the contestants new and healthier eating habits. I also got to meet Dr. Roizen and got a signed copy of HIS book as well! I have a pic with him in my profile! That was SUCH a good day! *sigh*
  • katiegreaterthan3
    Options
    YES! But I'm 3 episodes behind so DONT TELL ME!!! :)
  • hingebre
    Options
    LOVE this show! I always watch it while I'm working out. Sometimes I wish they showed more about their workouts though. And I wish they had explained more about the nutrition facts for the challenge this past week. They just kinda skipped right by it. Maybe I'm weird but I don't like watching all the drama. I want to see the fitness and food!

p.s. HATED melissa probably more than I've ever disliked any contestant on all the seasons I've watched. A couple on this season might be slowly getting close though..

p.p.s. ever wonder how people so out of shape can go from absolutely no physical activity to 6 hours of intense work outs a day?
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Love the show, I just recently became a fan.