This is why I MFP...

Options
red8424
red8424 Posts: 160 Member
Hi there! Sorry for the redundancy of this type of post but I need to share my progress so here goes!

It all started with a picture of me taken in December 2012 and with that picture, I realized I was the biggest I had ever been and it was time to change. I am 5'2 (barely) and I topped out at 154 lbs. My clothes were tight, I didn't feel sexy, and I was pre-diabetic. I decided to join MFP in January 2013 to keep me motivated in exercise and meal tracking. I had no idea it would be so life changing and motivational. MFP keeps me accountable for everything I eat (even if it's indulgent and "bad") and makes me want to exercise so I can log my calorie burns. I have been doing weight lifting at the gym and cardio such as running, elliptical, and biking. I set my goal weight to 120 lbs. when I first started but as I get closer to that goal, I think 125lbs and/or 22%bf will be a more realistic goal. I am currently at 130 lbs. and 25%bf, down 12.5 inches since January. I am still a work in progress.

Anyway, when I was visiting that same location this past weekend, I thought I would pose in the same place to do a comparison picture. It is pretty motivating to see the difference I have made in these 10 months since I see myself everyday and don't see the little changes. I am down 24lbs. but clearly my body has been transforming and I can really see it now. While these pics don't show all of the changes in all areas, I think it is still pretty visibly different. What do you think?

8156bb95-1341-4f35-bae0-4fb4b952deab.jpg

I often get frustrated with the slow weight loss and progress but thinking about the past 10 months and seeing pictures like this puts it into perspective for me. In order to make lasting changes it will take time and patience. So happy with my progress and thankful to all of my friends on MFP who keep me motivated.

Replies

• Courtney011691
    Options
    You look great!!!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Pictures speak 1000 words...and yours are all "way to go", "nice job","what a difference" etc.
  • GMKF
    GMKF Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Way to go...now you're paying it forward by motivation me!!
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Its definitely a great comparison, sunglasses on the head and all too. :bigsmile: Well done! :drinker:
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    You've worked really hard. Good for you! :drinker:
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU! I have days where I feel like I'm not doing enough or not progressing quickly enough so I need selfish plugs like this to help me appreciate the progress I have made and continue to press on! :blushing:
  • LauraT81
    Options
    Well done! You look great! X
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Way to go!
  • niricava
    niricava Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • Karen64Lynn
    Karen64Lynn Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job .. you look awesome. Keep it up! Thanks for sharing.
  • mazamarie
    Options
    Great work - wonderful results you look really great & all the best with your goals x
  • ummyasminah
    ummyasminah Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    you look great, a very noticeable change...good job!
  • olehcat
    olehcat Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    This post is SUCH a reminder to me to be patient! You look great!

I also am 5'2" and started at 154 (and have still bounced up there again recently with temporary water weight, eep) and am now down to 148.8 and it all seems so sloooooow. I've been at this for nearly a month. I want to leave the overweight bmi in the dust and get down to where I was a few years ago in the 130s, and from there get down to my goal weight of 110-120.
  • adradecki
    adradecki Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! This is awesome ERin! you look great! Keep it up lady!
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Sorry for the redundancy of this type of post but I need to share my progress so here goes!

It all started with a picture of me taken in December 2012 and with that picture, I realized I was the biggest I had ever been and it was time to change. I am 5'2 (barely) and I topped out at 154 lbs. My clothes were tight, I didn't feel sexy, and I was pre-diabetic. I decided to join MFP in January 2013 to keep me motivated in exercise and meal tracking. I had no idea it would be so life changing and motivational. MFP keeps me accountable for everything I eat (even if it's indulgent and "bad") and makes me want to exercise so I can log my calorie burns. I have been doing weight lifting at the gym and cardio such as running, elliptical, and biking. I set my goal weight to 120 lbs. when I first started but as I get closer to that goal, I think 125lbs and/or 22%bf will be a more realistic goal. I am currently at 130 lbs. and 25%bf, down 12.5 inches since January. I am still a work in progress.

Anyway, when I was visiting that same location this past weekend, I thought I would pose in the same place to do a comparison picture. It is pretty motivating to see the difference I have made in these 10 months since I see myself everyday and don't see the little changes. I am down 24lbs. but clearly my body has been transforming and I can really see it now. While these pics don't show all of the changes in all areas, I think it is still pretty visibly different. What do you think?

8156bb95-1341-4f35-bae0-4fb4b952deab.jpg

I often get frustrated with the slow weight loss and progress but thinking about the past 10 months and seeing pictures like this puts it into perspective for me. In order to make lasting changes it will take time and patience. So happy with my progress and thankful to all of my friends on MFP who keep me motivated.

You're doing fantastic!
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Only 5 more pounds to lose, how exciting!
    It's time to start reading the Maintenance Forum to learn
    how to KEEP the weight off, for good!
    My best wishes
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!