I NEED HELP

Options
Im so lost !!! I don't know where to start. I started this weight loss journey March 2012 I started off at 157 I went down to 138 and now im back up to 152. I dont know what to do I am so lost and confused about this lifestyle. I dont know if the problem is that I am not eating enough or if im just doing something wrong. I workout for an hour a day I burn more than 300 calories. Someone please help me I need guidance.

Replies

• Runningcircuits
    Options
    If you open your diary and let us know your stats, it would be easier to help. The one thing that stood out for me is that you are working out for an hour, but only burning 300 calories. Something is off there...
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Weight loss happens in the kitchen. Are you weighing and measuring everything you eat? Are you logging every bite? MOST of the time, when people gain, it is because they are not weighing and measuring their food and/or not tracking everything they eat and that leads to eating more calories than you think you are.
  • shay0210
    Options
    I open my diary. I burn anywhere from 300 - 600 depending on what I am doing at teh gym. Like if im doing a cardio class I dont burn as much as when I am using the machines at the gym. I usually do not post my meals i do it here and there because i honestly dont know what im doing.
  • shay0210
    Options
    I open my diary. I burn anywhere from 300 - 600 depending on what I am doing at teh gym. Like if im doing a cardio class I dont burn as much as when I am using the machines at the gym. I usually do not post my meals i do it here and there because i honestly dont know what im doing.
  • Kristine_7707
    Options
    Weight loss happens in the kitchen. Are you weighing and measuring everything you eat? Are you logging every bite? MOST of the time, when people gain, it is because they are not weighing and measuring their food and/or not tracking everything they eat and that leads to eating more calories than you think you are.

^^YES!!!!!!
  • shay0210
    Options
    I measure but don't weigh my food. I guess I need to invest in a kitchen scale.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You have to weigh, measure and log ALL of your food. You can't out exercise a bad diet and gym machines lie about your burns. You are eating too much if you're gaining weight and the only way to get that under control is to start monitoring your food intake.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    A kitchen scale is the best investment you will ever make! Weights are so much more accurate than measures. A good scale is not very expensive at all either. It is completely worth your investment.

Also make sure you log *everything* you eat, no matter what it is. Those little bites, licks and tastes really add up.
  • shay0210
    Options
    Thank you I will purchase one.