Dinner suggestions?

Options
samiyan05
samiyan05 Posts: 115 Member
I need a semi low Cal, meat n veggie recipe for dinner. I had salad last night and am kinda burnt out on that... Help please Bc I have no idea what to make! I have just about any kind of meat... Suggestions anyone? :)

Replies

• Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I usually keep my dinners/lunches super basic because I'm just cooking for myself, but one meal I love to cook is Pork Picante over rice (I cook it with chicken though).

Recipe for one:

1 chicken breast (skinless, boneless) or two pork chops
    1 can stewed tomatoes (I usually get the Italian seasoned ones)
    1 can green chiles
    1 cup white/brown rice

Cut chicken breast into small cubes. Brown the chicken breast in a pan with a little EVOO. I usually season the chicken with salt, pepper and sometimes Italian seasonings. Once the chicken is completely cooked, drain the EVOO from the pan and add the stewed tomatoes and chilies. Let this simmer while you are cooking the rice. My rice usually takes 20-25 minutes so I let the chicken simmer the entire time.

Once the rice is done, pour the chicken and tomato mixture over the rice. Add salt & pepper to taste. I like to add a little sriracha for a kick.

Enjoy! It really is a simple dish and is delicious for leftovers! :)
  • samiyan05
    samiyan05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Thanks so much!
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    No problem!
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I love stuffed squash!

Cut a squash in half and remove the seeds (any squash you like, I prefer acorn or butternut), sprinkle it with oil and seasoning and bake the halves face up for about 20-30 minutes. Then mix up a bowl of 'stuffing' (last night I made mine out of quinoa, chopped spinach, tomatoes and skim mozza cheese), fill the two halves, and bake for another 10 minutes. Yum! ^_^

The stuffing is also really great with ground turkey, chopped shrimp, shredded chicken... any kind of meat, really! And if you're feeling really fancy, serve it with a little tomato or vodka sauce on top. ;) This is seriously my favourite dinner!
  • DocRx59
    Options
    A couple of hard boiled eggs and maybe a baked potato works! Fast simple and easy if you don't have too much time on your hands and have access to a microwave!
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Dinner can be quick and easy, really. We use our George Foreman or outdoor grill a lot.
    1. Grilled chops, baked sweet potato and a green veggie such as green beans, steamed kale, grilled asparagus
    2. Baked or grilled chicken, oven roasted root veggies and squash
    3. Baked or grilled white fish, brown rice and a veggie of your choice.
    4. Breakfast night for dinner.
    5. Pork roast or turkey breast in the crockpot, then add potatoes and veggies when you get home from work.
    6. Egg salad or tuna salad sammiches, pretzels or crackers, and some match stick veggies.
    7. Baked potato with your choice of toppings.
    8. Bean tostadas and brown rice.

Hope this helps generate some ideas for you.