Need pants to run in that aren't tight!

Options
I run in shorts in the summer. Today though my legs were just too cold starting out to wear shorts. I have tried many different brands of running pants. I just don't like compression pants, spandex, yoga type pants, etc. I want to look fashionable though..lol. Is there any other type of pants you wear for running? Seems like everyone is wearing tight ones. Also i'm 5'4" most looser type pants tend to be too long.

Replies

• KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Why don't you want to wear compression pants, is it not fashionable or not comfortable? Many people run in compression pants with shorts over them for vanity reasons! You can look for old school track pants, but they won't keep your legs very warm here soon!
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Ive noticed that loose pants cause chaffing and turn out to be uncomfortable for me....Im sorry I cant offer any helpful advice.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Why not just wear sweat pants if you want something loose?
  • jennibear8504
    Options
    I wear track/wind pants when its cold, no issues yet...
  • disney_girl125
    disney_girl125 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replies! I think the compression, etc pants look fine! They just aren't comfortable and i've tried many brands! I don't like the tight fit feel.
  • ayalowich
    ayalowich Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Why don't you want to wear compression pants, is it not fashionable or not comfortable? Many people run in compression pants with shorts over them for vanity reasons! You can look for old school track pants, but they won't keep your legs very warm here soon!

I may have to start a new subject, but I am down in Florida where this morning it was still 75 at 6am and when I see women running all summer with below the knee capri style tights I just wonder what in the world they are doing.

I certainly run in tights myself when it dips below 40 degrees, but otherwise I am in running shorts and either a singlet (55 and above), dri-fit (50-55) or long sleeve dri-fit (below 50) depending on the weather,
  • Hyperosim
    Options
    Okay, I know you said you're not into spandex. These pants though are only 5%.
    I have a pair myself, and they're incredibly comfortable and I think they're fashionable.

Here's a link to them:

http://www.costco.com/Paradox-Ladies'-Base-Layer-Pant---Black.product.100036891.html

Before you say they look too tight, you could always go a size larger. That way they'd be a bit more loose.
  • sarah456s
    sarah456s Posts: 98 Member
    Options

I may have to start a new subject, but I am down in Florida where this morning it was still 75 at 6am and when I see women running all summer with below the knee capri style tights I just wonder what in the world they are doing.

I certainly run in tights myself when it dips below 40 degrees, but otherwise I am in running shorts and either a singlet (55 and above), dri-fit (50-55) or long sleeve dri-fit (below 50) depending on the weather,

I wear capri pants to exercise in all year in Florida. I don't find it makes that much difference to how hot I feel - usually they're still wicking material and they breathe fairly easily. Then again, I find it way too cold when it's less than about 70, and have to switch to thicker long tights then. I have a big stash of shorts, skorts and capris, and I wear them all interchangeably. But, when I wear shorts or skorts I have to put Bodyglide on my thighs, or I get chub rub. Heh.

To the OP - I have some fairly loose exercise capris from Target that I like (their C9 range - made by Champion, I think). You might have to dig through the racks to find them, but they generally offer differing fits.