Serious Question

Options
So I usally workout around 7:30 pm. My calorie intake is 1200 a day and when I workout I burn 300-600 calories am I suppose to eat to intake the calories I just burned even though its so late in the day because by the time im done working out its 8:30-8:45pm & I go to sleep at 10 - 10:30pm ??? Please help me

Replies

• wellarmedsheep
    Options
    Why not eat them early in the day and burn them off before bed?
  • shay0210
    Options
    I don't know i thought you could only eat them again after a workout.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Why not eat them early in the day and burn them off before bed?

this.
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I would up them during the day so you're not under at the end of the day... Spread them out if u know you're gonna end up being under for the day...
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what time of day you eat, since you eat at an incredibly low calorie level, eat all your exercise calories back even if it's 1:30 in the morning.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    you can eat them tomorrow too.

Don't get bogged down in the concept of a "day"
  • coral_b
    coral_b Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You could save them up for the end of the week and indulge in something- maybe wine, or a treat. Nuts are a good post work out boost. Other than that there are things like a protein shake.. or simply nibble more before hand if you know you will burn around the same. x
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    First of all, you really should be eating more.
    Second of all, if you know for certain you're going to be excercising that night, then you can eat the exercise calories beforehand. It doesn't matter when you eat, just as long as you do.
  • onetoughmudder
    Options
    you can eat them tomorrow too.

Don't get bogged down in the concept of a "day"

this

weekly calories work much better, imo

for example, yesterday I ran 6.5 miles and decided to go for a bike ride that turned into a 35 mile ride. I burned something like 2500 calories. I really don't feel like eating those back (i eat back about 80%) in one day. Put 'em in the bank for another day!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I have a class from 7 to 8:30 PM. I increase my calories earlier in my day so I have the energy to make it through class.

EDit - remember you need to fuel your workout.
  • shay0210
    Options
    Did not know i could do that I just thought i had to start new the next day. thanks for helping
  • shay0210
    Options
    I think i eat enough. I am 4'10 and weight 152
  • shay0210
    Options
    You could save them up for the end of the week and indulge in something- maybe wine, or a treat. Nuts are a good post work out boost. Other than that there are things like a protein shake.. or simply nibble more before hand if you know you will burn around the same. x

Thank you I didnt know i could do that i just thought i had to start new th next day. Thanks for helping
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    So I usally workout around 7:30 pm. My calorie intake is 1200 a day and when I workout I burn 300-600 calories am I suppose to eat to intake the calories I just burned even though its so late in the day because by the time im done working out its 8:30-8:45pm & I go to sleep at 10 - 10:30pm ??? Please help me

Unless eating before bed will cause sleep issues or indigestion, there is nothing wrong with having a meal after your workout. I workout at night, and my last meal, which is usually the most caloric and carb dense, is eaten anywhere between 9:30pm and 10:30pm.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't know i thought you could only eat them again after a workout.

You can eat them whenever you like. Earlier, right before bed (unless you have relux problems), the next day. But, yeah, you should eat them. It should average out over several days.