Best Breakfast.

Options
Ok so I need help when it comes to breakfast. I am not a breakfast person, and waking up earlier is not an option for. Not because I don't want to, trust me I have tried, but I take medications that make me extremely groogy and they are medications I can not stop. Anyways, I have looked into slimfast shakes, but I have been told by many they are not good for you. Can anyone recommend some kind of quick healthy drink for breakfast? That would still taste good? I have tried overnight oatmeal in a jar and me eating something in the morning makes me sick, i don't know why it just does. So some kind of drink that I can just grab and go would be great!
Thank you all!

Replies

• j0705
    j0705 Posts: 185
    Options
    im the same.. i have to force it down unless its a full irish or english breakfast.

Ive been having breakfast cookies/bars or protein bars and eat them on the go .. multitasking.
  • amdarosa619
    amdarosa619 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    how about smoothies? great way to get in whatever supplements your body needs in liquid form (like protein, fruits, veggies, etc. If time management is an issue, grab one at jamba, make them the night before, or invest in a blender bottle. I use those a lot when Im too lazy to bust out the blender.

Good luck!
  • hotrodbabe51
    Options
    how about smoothies? great way to get in whatever supplements your body needs in liquid form (like protein, fruits, veggies, etc. If time management is an issue, grab one at jamba, make them the night before, or invest in a blender bottle. I use those a lot when Im too lazy to bust out the blender.

Good luck!

How can you make the smoothie hold over for a night? Like, keeping the same consistency.
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hand blender - quick and easy.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    For absolute no time mornings where I just want to grab a prepackaged shake I like Orgain Organic Meal Replacement shakes or Special K Protein shakes.

A good way to keep the consistency of a smoothie you made from the night before is to store it in a blender bottle so you can redistribute the contents in the morning.

You said you have a lot of trouble with solid food, but the emerald fruit and nut breakfast on the go packets are very small and may be an option.
  • CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My go to meal is a peanut butter, banana smoothie. (1 cup fat free milk, 6 ice cubes, 2 tbsp. peanut butter, 1 tsp vanilla), you can also replace the peanut butter with hazelnut spread. Other choice meal is usually boiled egg, fat free milk, peanut butter on white wheat, banana/or other fruit.
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I've posted this before in another thread a while ago, but it is still working for me! =) Here you go:

My boyfriend and I always start the day off right with a homemade breakfast wrap stuffed full of egg, veggies, and cheese! Every Sunday we take some time to build a tower of them for the week, and then throw 2 on the George Foreman grill in the mornings. No excuses for missing out on a nutritious breakfast - this takes no time at all and is delicious, even if we're running late.

This week we made egg, broccoli, onion, pepper, and skim mozza wraps. They're delicious! Here is a link to my blog outlining our process:

http://fearlessfoxtales.wordpress.com/2013/09/04/secret-to-success-1-good-mornings/

The ones outlined in the blog are from a different week and have different ingredients. I hope this gives you some ideas!
  • WisiPls
    WisiPls Posts: 359
    Options
    my breakfast was donuts,eggos/syrup,milk this morning, you should try that
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    if you don't like breakfast, don't eat breakfast.

i usually don't. i wake up as early as 4am, but don't usually eat until 10am or later.
  • glitzy196
    glitzy196 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    depends on how much time is no time--i am in love with pumpkin waffles right now. it takes 1 minute in the toaster and i eat them. YUMMY.

find something you like though so eating it is enjoyable.
  • klm888
    klm888 Posts: 15
    Options
    I am a huge fan of the Atkins shakes, much more flavorful that Slim Fast.:drinker:
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Only thing I can think of is GNC total lean meal replacement shake. Solid food really is the best.
  • superman_149
    Options
    Breakfast is my big meal- usually post workout.
    I usually have scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, and a few small potatoes all mixed up together!
    It's delish!!
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll bake muffins, granola, granola bars, etc. on the weekend and grab for breakfast throughout the week!
  • aklove907
    aklove907 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    If I am not feeling like eating in the morning, I turn to "Luna" bars. They are made for women, loaded with good vitamins, cheap, and like 90% organic. You can find them in any health food section at your local grocery store. They come in amazing flavors! Oh, and they have high protein content, so you stay feeling full.
  • binariiangel
    binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I do mini quiches. I use eggs, whatever breakfast meat I have on hand (turkey sausage, bacon, ham) and a little bit of cheese, put them in cupcakes wrappers & bake in a muffin pan at 350 for 20 mins or until the cheese is melted & the eggs are done.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Eas shakes are good,& you can buy the powder to make your own smoothies.They also have a couple other flavors.My SIS
    Uses a bullet blender she got on sale 3 yrs ago. Works fine.
  • mclgo
    mclgo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I do homemade smoothies.
    I prepackage 7 -8 and keep them in the freezer.

To each sandwich baggie add:
    About 1/2 cup fresh spinach - yes, it will freeze beautifully!
    1/2 to 3/4 cup frozen berries of choice - I like blueberries and strawberries
    1T ground flax seed
    You COULD add a scoop of protein powder in there too, I add it when I make it. Chocolate or vanilla.
    Other options: peanut butter, bananas, yogurt, etc

Grab a bag - dump the baggie-ful in your blender or Magic Bullet - add about 1 cup unsweetened almond milk. Here's where I add the protein powder.

VOILA! Delicious, nutritious, and usually lasts me until lunch.
  • christinemac17
    christinemac17 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    if you don't like breakfast, don't eat breakfast.

i usually don't. i wake up as early as 4am, but don't usually eat until 10am or later.

^^^^This.
  • flywithgeorge
    flywithgeorge Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a breakfast person... I do take a few different supplements in pill-form and have found that they're easier to take with a protein shake, so I drink half my shake in the morning with my pills and half after my evening workout