Hello everyone

Options
I have had this app for a very long time. I have lost eighty eight pounds so far, but I still have a long road ahead of me. I tried a diet bet recently, led by Jillian Michaels, and won that by over a pound. I am in the fence on repeating the game. I think that I just want a community of people, rather than the gambling of money over weight loss. I am certain that I would win each time, but it just feels weird. I am currently a big user of the Kinect for the Xbox 360. I am in the middle of a twelve week program for the biggest loser game, and building up to do weekly challenges on the Jillian Michaels game. I also have the Kinect sports one and two and Kinect adventures. Throw in my thirty five pound weights, the eight Bob Harper DVDs, the treadmill, my timex HMR calorie tracker, and some miscellaneous stuff, and there is my list of tools for my journey.

I was once in the army, with a 3.8 percent body fat, weighing in at 235. My injuries in Iraq triggered a downward spiral in my health. I do not know how big I had gotten, but after losing over ten inches on my waist, I was down to 350 pounds. I then got married. My wife manipulated and emotionally sabotaged everything in my life. I trusted her, and she abused my trust in every way possible, just to get my money. She later confessed that she only married me for my money, after I had already started to leave her. Fortunately, I am protected from her greed, so she is no longer able to take my money. By time I started to refocus on me, I was all the way up to 430 pounds, 430.2 to be exact. Less than seven months later, I am now weighing 342.2. I have even regained much of my old strength, although I am not sure I want to try benching 350+ again yet. This is my journey thus far.

I suppose that I am just seeking honest and friendly people that I can share a journey of fitness and health improvement with. I have never done much on this application in the past, but I started to use it more earnestly in the past month. I find it helpful to know where I am approximately in calories. I do not know much else of what to do here, so I look forward to conversing with the more savvy users, with advice and tips, should any be offered.

That is me in a nutshell. A pleasure to meet you in a virtual sense.

Replies

• bremorrison
    Options
    Hi there, I just recently joined as well and in it lose it all. Sounds like you have been put through the ringer. There are alot of helpful and positive people here. I will send a friend request. Good luck to you!
  • Wefita
    Wefita Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Stephanie. Congratulations on your loss so far!! I agree with you that this app is great for holding accountability and keeping track of calories! I have lost 47 lbs and still have a lot more to go, in order to get to my ultimate goal weight. So far this app has been the best tool for me. I have been overweight my whole life and have tried every diet out there, and never seem to get past the 30 lbs lost mark. Well this time is different. Not only have I passed the 30 lb mark, but I will get to the end this time! I would be glad to be your friend on here, and help motivate and support! Best of luck! I sent you a request :)
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent....congrats on your loss so far and good luck in the future, look forward to supporting each other....
  • LaRubia106
    Options
    Cruel how people can be in order to benefit themselves. Sorry to hear you went through all that. I joined today and hopefully can find support and encouragement here, since I only get ridiculed and discouraged by family. Congratulations on your progress so far. Request sent. :smile:
  • Zibberroo
    Zibberroo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I am looking forward to better days. New job, new life and now a new me.
  • Zibberroo
    Zibberroo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Does anyone utilize the Kinect for the Xbox 360? I have always wanted to try the online play. I believe the challenge would be exhilarating, in comparison to playing solo.