Phentermine The Right Way

Options
I am seeing so many people ask questions about Phentermine and other people answering those questions without the facts.

First of all- Are you clinically obese? If yes, phentermine might be for you. If not then your doctor is an idiot for giving you a prescription.

Are you serious about losing the weight? You need to be, because taking Phentermine, not eating, not drinking a lot of water and not execising consistently is stupid. You may lose twenty pounds or so but it will come right back. If you want to change your lifestyle you need to change your eating habits, exercise consistently, drink AT LEAST 64oz. of water a day- more if you exercise and as far as phentermine goes. Do a extended schedule-2 days on the pill and 1 off. It still works on that day off and it helps to lose the weight a little slower in order to have a better possibility of keeping it off. After you go off of phentermine expect to gain 3-5 pounds back. Your metabolism is slowing down. There are side affects to this drug just like any other. If yours are heightened and sever then obviously this drug is not for you. Not everyone can take every drug.

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    JMI, but...
    There is NO such thing as a "right way" to take weight loss drugs.
    Just don't.
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Phentermine has been banned in many countries and even parts of the USA. The possible side effects are extremely dangerous.
    If your doctor is recommending this, I'd question his/her knowledge of the substance.

Lots of people die trying to lose weight through dangerous methods. Please be careful people, your friends and family need you...
  • mamacremers
    mamacremers Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    HI. I'm on phen and I think i'm doing it the right way. i'm TRYING to exercise 4 times a week, it's only happening 2-3 though. I'm also drinking a TON of water. Today for example i've had 72 and it's only quarter to two. I'm also eating better. When I go off, i plan to help my hunger with fruit. Not chips and candy bars. i'm determined not to gain it back. I started at 207 lbs. (i'm 5'6") i've lost 30 lbs since the middle of June. Going on my 4th month and my doc will let me stay on for 6 as long as I'm losing. I have none of the negative side effects others talk about too!
  • lordofultima
    Options
    I'm all for supplementation, but only after your exercise and nutrition are rock solid. I definitely don't believe any drugs should be a part of someones diet, with all those harmful side effects.
  • amg22
    amg22 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    HI. I'm on phen and I think i'm doing it the right way. i'm TRYING to exercise 4 times a week, it's only happening 2-3 though. I'm also drinking a TON of water. Today for example i've had 72 and it's only quarter to two. I'm also eating better. When I go off, i plan to help my hunger with fruit. Not chips and candy bars. i'm determined not to gain it back. I started at 207 lbs. (i'm 5'6") i've lost 30 lbs since the middle of June. Going on my 4th month and my doc will let me stay on for 6 as long as I'm losing. I have none of the negative side effects others talk about too!

Yes, I am not a doctor. So do not just rely on my information but if you are doing all the above then you are doing it right. So many people think phentermine is an easy way out. And though in a way it is at first, you will not keep the weight off without implementing a healthy lifestyle. Go You for doing such a great job:)
  • mamacremers
    Options
    I don't see it as an easy way out. I see at as it's my HELPER in getting this done. 207 was the heaviest i've ever been, it was about 9 months after my son was born and I never want to be there again!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Phentermine done right:

open the bottle. walk over to the toilet. pour those poison pills in the can. flush.

IMHO
  • dansu2000
    Options
    I used phentermine several years ago. Was never hungry, ate a few animal crackers a day, the weight fell off. Got down to my lowest adult weight. Was jittery and nervous all the time, looked unhealthy. Got off the phentermine and promptly gained every pound back plus extra for good measure. Is it an easy way to lose weight? Definitely. Does it teach you to eat right, exercise and be healthy? Absolutely not.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Phentermine=doctor prescribed speed. It's an upper. Once you stop it will come back. I can understand drugs to cut up but not to drop tons of weight.

Genetically or medically obese is bs.
  • ahombs1676
    Options
    A bunch of people I know have lost weight on phentermine and the ones that were not successful were the ones that thought they could not change their lifestyle and just lose weight. My sister actually went on it about 2 years ago, lost 40 lbs and has kept it off these last two years. Good luck. :smile:
  • amg22
    Options
    Phentermine=doctor prescribed speed. It's an upper. Once you stop it will come back. I can understand drugs to cut up but not to drop tons of weight.

Genetically or medically obese is bs.

CLINICALLY obese means by clinical/doctor standards you are obese. That's not bull****. It's the way that the medical community categorizes different weights groups.
  • amg22
    Options
    I used phentermine several years ago. Was never hungry, ate a few animal crackers a day, the weight fell off. Got down to my lowest adult weight. Was jittery and nervous all the time, looked unhealthy. Got off the phentermine and promptly gained every pound back plus extra for good measure. Is it an easy way to lose weight? Definitely. Does it teach you to eat right, exercise and be healthy? Absolutely not.

You are correct a pill will not teach you to be healthy. You must research and learn that yourself. It suppresses your appitite but you still MUST eat. And phentermine helps to not over eat.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    i was "clinically obese" at 370 lbs. Somehow I made it down to 205 without some magic pills to get me there.

What would people do if this magic pill didn't exist? Work it off the old fashioned way maybe?
  • amg22
    Options
    i was "clinically obese" at 370 lbs. Somehow I made it down to 205 without some magic pills to get me there.

What would people do if this magic pill didn't exist? Work it off the old fashioned way maybe?

Yeah. They would or continue to be fat. What's your point? Unless the person is an idiot, they are still going to excercise and eat right while on phentermine and after. The ones who think this pill is magic are ignorant.
  • mamacremers
    Options
    No it doesn't teach us to eat right and exercise, we do that. Does it help us when we are "hungry"? Yes it does!
  • mamacremers
    Options
    AGREED!!!
  • mamacremers
    Options
    This is what I was trying to agree to:

"Yeah. They would or continue to be fat. What's your point? Unless the person is an idiot, they are still going to excercise and eat right while on phentermine and after. The ones who think this pill is magic are ignorant."
  • viridiana08
    Options
    My cuzen died because of that pill she got so addicted that she overdose and I was on that pill to and I stop iam trying slimquick and it work with no dangers side effect so I tell you all you life first all you got to do is change your eating habits that's all it take time to lose and what come quick finish quick your life.just my opinion.
  • ladystoner
    Options
    I have been on this drug twice now, first time just 2 months. My husband said he noticed a drastic positive shift in my demeanor the first time, as it was BEFORE I had my son. It worked fine, I've kept off only 10 of the 20 or so pounds I lost after all that though.
    * It has a definite potential for abuse, which is why I would never take it for more than 2-3 months*, but I have actually found that it helps me focus. I just started again today and I ate breakfast lunch and dinner (I have a problem with eating correctly) and did a gentle workout. I am in pain all over from bad posture, my weight and my disordered eating, So I am hoping this can give me a little bit of a boost so I can do it on my own. I know some of you have done it ALL on your own and I applaud you, but everyone is different, and it can help you get that jump start on things.
  • nicolsy79
    nicolsy79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm going to see a doctor on Thursday to get on the pill. I have two friends that have had success with it. My only concern is the rebound weight gain once you stop the pill. Call me crazy, but with any diet, if you stop doing what you did to lose the weight, then yes you will regain the weight. With that said, people shouldn't make this pill for regaining their weight, they should hold themselves accountable for not making the necessary lifestyle changes while on and off the pill. I plan on doing 30 days on and 30 days off to ensure I'm able to maintain my weight loss.