Can you eat to much Salad?

Options
For lunch the last two days I have had a salad and when I count up my calories there are as much calories in that as there are in something foods that I thought was bad for me, am I don't something wrong?? I don't have cheese or bacon and I eat light ranch.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits your calories, it doesn't matter.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

/endthread
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    For lunch the last two days I have had a salad and when I count up my calories there are as much calories in that as there are in something foods that I thought was bad for me, am I don't something wrong?? I don't have cheese or bacon and I eat light ranch.

Amount of calories does not dictate if a food is "good" or "bad"

But the answer to your question, is yes you can eat too much salad if it takes away room for actual food
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    What's in your salad? If you eat too much spinach, your bowels are going to have a bad time.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Adding meat, cheese, dressing, or nuts will make the calorie count high. That doesn't mean it's bad for you though. I've made delicious and nutrient packed salads that were 500 calories or more and still hit my goal for the day just fine.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    What's making it calorific - the dressing? Croutons?
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Surprise!! Salad with stuff in it can be just as calorie dense as something you thought was bad!
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options

Amount of calories does not dictate if a food is "good" or "bad"

But the answer to your question, is yes you can eat too much salad if it takes away room for actual food

Why is a salad not considered 'real' food :huh:

Op-I eat a large dinner plate sized salad usually every day, and paired with a sweet potato or sauteed mushrooms, it's a full meal. Nothing wrong with a higher calorie salad, as long as you're hitting your calorie target at the end of the day.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    no, but you might look like a rabbit
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Calories from veggies, the more the merrier.
    Calories from meat, eggs, cheese, etc. to fit my macros (gotta keep that protein up).
    Calories from croutons, dressing...as small an amount as I need to make the salad tasty.

I can make an enormous salad at home for under 400 calories (100 veg/200 protein/100 extras), which works fine in my day.
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Surprise!! Salad with stuff in it can be just as calorie dense as something you thought was bad!

Yep it is true. Just add it up on my fitness pal food diary. Even celery has calories. Too much food is too much food!

Just another thought, to write this in a form of correct English. Which is important to communicate with others, It should be - "Can you eat TOO much salad?" No "to much Salad". as that says the wrong idea you are trying to convey.
  • Safiyandi
    Safiyandi Posts: 151
    Options
    Hahaha the salads I like to make are probably the most calorie-dense single-sitting meals I eat.

Goat cheese, walnuts, raspberry vinaigrette, blueberries, croutons, plus the greens are easily 600 calories. There are fewer calories in a quarter pounder.

They are also DELICIOUS and well worth it. :3
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Yes, ofcourse! My salad has a lot of calories, but for a larger quantity of food. If i eat too much of that, i will still gain weight(and i have in the past)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options

/endthread
    those are nice.
  • jw_lefebvre
    jw_lefebvre Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can only see it as a bad thing if you are on a limit calorie diet and it prevents you from having enough calories to get adequate protein/healthy fats in