Skinny Fat (Cut or Bulk) First w/ Stretch Marks

Options
Okay Ive always seen the most challenges with facing this part. Ist off let me start off say I became skinny fat due to being fat & obese so then I started doing cardio and became a cardio gym rat now Im normal weight but skinny fat and Im currently doing strength training only cardio is over, now I want to know what really shows good results getting rid of the skinny fat look cutting or bulking? And which will get rid of the look quicker? I want it quick due to not hating myself every time I see the mirror. Would trying to cut the bodyfat to 10% help get rid of the look or would clean bulking provide best results? I also have stretch marks covering 80% of my body in every imaginable place you could think of arms,chest,shoulders,buttocks,stomach etc. Which should I do first to make everything look better and natural?

Replies

• samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    I would bulk first.

ETA: it will tighten everything up.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Not sure where your body fat is currently, but I've heard many people say not to bulk until (as a male) you reach single digit body fat. Adding in strength training/heavy lifting right now is a really good idea. I'm on my first bulk cycle (as a female), but saw significant improvement while lifting on a deficit.
  • Slumza
    Slumza Posts: 33
    Options
    Well currently my height is 6 ft 1 3/4 and my weight is 173 and my waist is 31 and I use the measurements online to solve this and it says I have 11.59% bodyfat but as you see I dont look it at all just took this picture see for yourself give me your estimate if you can 28cf1ib.png
  • Slumza
    Options
    bump plz help
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Okay, I got the impression you had fairly high body fat. I think bulking is a good idea at this point. Start by slowly increasing calories and if you stay controlled with intake you won't add tons of fat (you'll still add fat, but you want to keep it to a minimum). Find a great program and work hard.
  • Slumza
    Options
    Thanks I think Ill try bulking I hope it makes everything look natural.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Thanks I think Ill try bulking I hope it makes everything look natural.

You're going to have to give it time. Keep adding mass then cut fat, then maybe add some more.

I have stretch marks all over. They don't go away, but they do look better over time. I still have loose skin too.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Yes, bulk first.

And be patient.