NSV -- I need a belt!

Options
I had a mini-milestone yesterday.

About 8-9 months ago I finally gave in and bought several pairs of size 16 jeans and capris/shorts. I had for the year prior been squeezing myself into size 12-14s. I didn't want to admit to myself that I had gained that much weight. (For reference, in 2010-early 2011 I was wearing mostly size 10) When I bought my new jeans they were snug in various places and in all actuality I probably should have worn a size 18. Most of my capris/shorts (also size 16) were polyblends with spandex so they had some stretch to them.

This past week it finally became cold enough to put on my jeans again. I grabbed a pair on my size 16s and rushed out the door. I should have worn a belt! I had to continually pull my pants back onto my hips whenever I walked. Haha! While my size 14s are still snug it's still a victory for me. Who would've thought I'd get this excited over wearing belts!

Seeing the number on the scale fall, or the numbers on my measuring tape shrink has been a good motivator for me to keep going even when I want to quit. But for some reason this small thing has meant even more than dropping those first 15lbs. I finally feel like I'm making progress towards that healthier, happier person I was. :D

Replies

• vampirequeen1959
    vampirequeen1959 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow well done.

I can't wait for the day I have to buy smaller. I bet it's the most amazing feeling.
  • AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! It really is a great feeling. Almost like my motivation to keep going has quadrupled. I have no doubt that you'll have a similar NSV moment soon enough!
  • OhSayNow
    OhSayNow Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I have trouble seeing my weight loss when I look in the mirror...but I can't deny it when my pants are falling down! It is a great feeling!
  • maryann9wood
    maryann9wood Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Size 22 and 24 jeans to 14 or 16. AND a belt. 2x or 3x tops to 1x, lost a bra size AND an underwear size. And my rings are getting loose!
  • jennygeo1
    jennygeo1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I was in the same boat... i was wearing 18's but was probably more of a 20. It took me a solid 20lbs to get out of that first size and back into 16's but it was so worth it! So happy for you! keep up the hard work and look ahead... those 12's are calling for you :)
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, OP!
    Soon you'll need to put NEW HOLES in that belt.

As for me, I shortened my bra straps today.
    The cups fit better, and there is no spillage over the edges.
  • RockAShelley
    RockAShelley Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    lol i know EXACTLY what you mean! I totally hated buying my size 16 jeans. I could have worn the 18 and been more comfortable but couldnt bring myself to do it. Im looking forward to needing a belt or even better actually wearing the 9 pairs of size 12/14 jeans i havent been able to squeeze into for over a year
  • AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone!! And congratulations on reaching your own mini-milestones! I can't wait until the day comes that my size 16s are retired. I still have a few pairs of 12-14s hanging around that I'm itching to put back on. It may take a while, but it's going to happen!
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I had a mini-milestone yesterday.

About 8-9 months ago I finally gave in and bought several pairs of size 16 jeans and capris/shorts. I had for the year prior been squeezing myself into size 12-14s. I didn't want to admit to myself that I had gained that much weight. (For reference, in 2010-early 2011 I was wearing mostly size 10) When I bought my new jeans they were snug in various places and in all actuality I probably should have worn a size 18. Most of my capris/shorts (also size 16) were polyblends with spandex so they had some stretch to them.

This past week it finally became cold enough to put on my jeans again. I grabbed a pair on my size 16s and rushed out the door. I should have worn a belt! I had to continually pull my pants back onto my hips whenever I walked. Haha! While my size 14s are still snug it's still a victory for me. Who would've thought I'd get this excited over wearing belts!

Seeing the number on the scale fall, or the numbers on my measuring tape shrink has been a good motivator for me to keep going even when I want to quit. But for some reason this small thing has meant even more than dropping those first 15lbs. I finally feel like I'm making progress towards that healthier, happier person I was. :D

Good for you And I am happy to say - I can relate! It happened to me too this week! Hahaha! :) I do think My Fitness Pal has been a huge factor for me!
  • ShanUhnannah
    ShanUhnannah Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is awesome. Time to go shopping again. :)
  • shaxmath
    shaxmath Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That happened to me earlier this year too! I'd never needed a belt before since my body held my jeans in place but my mom bought me a new pair and I spent the first day of wearing them constantly having to pull them up, I was torn between worrying about them falling and being insanely happy about it! It's the small things like these that keep me going! Cheers!
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Great job! What a good feeling to feel progress! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!