HUNGRY!

Options
What's wrong with me today? I'm so hungry! I woke up this way and I can't shake it. It's all I can do to talk myself out of eating everything in sight. I have never had a day like this in my entire four month journey logging food. Anybody else have a hungry day? Where did this hunger come from?

Replies

• cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I usually have a day like that at least once a week. I go workout and the hunger goes away.
  • buffywhitney
    buffywhitney Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I was at work for most of the day and my job is physically demanding. I guess it could have been worse on a day off with more time to think about food.
  • mkassinen
    Options
    I had a hungry day today too! I actually gave in to thin crust pizza AND a fudge-cicle.
  • Christysmile
    Options
    I have been craving carbs right before bed time- never have before- not like this (and no I'm not pregnant. ha). Its like I want a big pizza before I go to bed- and i'm literally HUNGRY. Anyone know how I can change this? thoughts or advice? Also I am 4'9 (very short for an adult women :)) ..How many calories should I be eating a day? Not waht you THINK I should be eating but whats medically correct?
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry all day, every day. I feel your pain :brokenheart:

I can literally eat a giant meal and within an hour, be ready to eat again. Doesn't matter what I eat: carbs, protein, etc. I am still always hunger games :explode:
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... when I have hungry days like that, I try to evaluate what I am craving or needing. Many times it is that I need more fluid or more fat. And sometimes protein. If you have it in your cals, try having a higher fat option or a protein option. Say if you are eating a salad with your dinner or a veg, try a higher fat dressing, or adding nuts or even just some fresh avocado or cheese on the side. Usually that helps me. :)
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    I had a day like that today. Know what I did? I ATE.

Lots.

Like 500-700 calories over my goal, lots.

And I don't feel badly at all.

It rarely happens, it won't hurt me in the long run, I'm not going to try to punish myself for it with exercise, and my body obviously needed it. It's just one day. One day won't make you fat, just like one day of logging food didn't make you skinny.

If you're unusually hungry and it's not an all-the-time thing, just eat.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Happens to me for several days every time around ovulation. It totally sucks. I try to make better choices and lower calorie more filling foods when it happens, and often end up having dinner super early, and often go to bed hungry. This month I might just bump my calories by 100 or something when it happens.
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I had a day like that today. Know what I did? I ATE.

Lots.

Like 500-700 calories over my goal, lots.

And I don't feel badly at all.

It rarely happens, it won't hurt me in the long run, I'm not going to try to punish myself for it with exercise, and my body obviously needed it. It's just one day. One day won't make you fat, just like one day of logging food didn't make you skinny.

If you're unusually hungry and it's not an all-the-time thing, just eat.

THIS - with whistles and bells and in flashing capital letters :smile:
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I found a new magic bullet for this.. homemade soup. (not the canned heart attack sodium stuff) I use low sodium chicken broth and add anything and everything in there.. i am making a pumkin soup today. It is healthy and satisfying and I'm not thinking about food constantly.