"RESIST THE DISH" CHALLENGE!

Options
"Resist The Dish" (you know the one filled with candy?!)

I just read that the average woman will gain 7-10lbs in the next 60 days!!! WHAT!!! I don't want that for myself (or YOU!) I want us to be SLIMMER through DECEMBER! So I came up with a plan: A 45 Day Support Group and Fitness Challenge to "Resist The Dish" (that INSIDIOUS little Tempter who invariably, YEAR after YEAR RUINS my weight loss momentum!).

Here's what it IS:
45 days long (Starts MONDAY - ends December 13th)
Free (#1!)
Accountability (all of us working as a team)
Motivating (I won't QUIT on you! Don't QUIT on me!)
Challenging (Workout, Eat Right, RESIST Temptation)
Online (Real time through Facebook - whenever temptation arises)
Private (Invite only, approved by me, "Friends" don't see posts)
Knowledgeable (Tips, Recipes, Resources, Food Lists, Help)
Fun (Videos, Quotes, Challenges of the Day)

What it ISN'T:
A place for excuses (your best is always enough)
A place for fitness perfection (mistakes mean we're learning)
Exclusive or limiting (use any exercise, any program you want)
Hit and miss (we will be connecting everyday to keep each other going)

If you've done a Challenge with me before, then you know how uplifting it can be - if you haven't, then accept my PERSONAL INVITATION to band together with us; here is a group of people who CARE. I want you and me to be proud of ourselves the day after Christmas - no regrets. I will NOT let the Holiday Candy Dish win this year! I will not let the toughest nutritional season of the year undo all of my hard work. Let's do this together. If you don't want to GAIN 10lbs these next 45 days and INSTEAD want to be SLIMMER in DECEMBER, comment below with, "I WILL RESIST THE DISH"!

~Marcella (Wife, Widow, Mom - NEVER QUIT!)

**I accept friend requests too - no one should have to go through the weight loss journey alone!**

Replies

• jakedner
    jakedner Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I WILL RESIST THE DISH!

Thanks Marcella! :smile:
  • fgf1786
    Options
    I will resist the dish!
  • marjorianna
    marjorianna Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I will resist the dish! I want to be closer to my goals after 45 days.
  • AchieveYourDreams
    AchieveYourDreams Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I WILL RESIST THE DISH!

Thanks Marcella! :smile:

All right! I will mesage you!
  • AchieveYourDreams
    Options
    I messaged you three ladies: jakedner, fgf and marjorianna I am going to do better this time with following up to make sure everyone gets on the group page!!! SO ready to resist teh dish together!
  • sm_usagi
    sm_usagi Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I WILL RESIST THE DISH!!!

I am pretty terrified of the holiday season. I want to be fit and healthy and enjoy myself, but not fall into repeated over-indulging or excuses.

I acknowledge that I will be hungrier as it gets colder, and that I will be less and less excited about getting up and going for a run. I will try to keep a ready supply of healthy snacks, and to reward my early runs with warm, luscious lululemon gear :P
  • CindyArlene
    CindyArlene Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I will join you guys and RESIST THE DISH!
  • AchieveYourDreams
    Options
    CindyArlene and sm_usagi I will be sending you a message with the info as soon as I help my husband finish getting ready for his Boy Scout Trip this weekend (Which should be soon I hope!) I haven't overlooked you guys!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    CindyArlene and sm_usagi I will be sending you a message with the info as soon as I help my husband finish getting ready for his Boy Scout Trip this weekend (Which should be soon I hope!) I haven't overlooked you guys!

I don't mean to be rude or anything, or touch on a sore subject, but you seem to identify yourself as a widow a lot (your 1st post and on your profile), despite having a husband, or is this an error?
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I WILL Resist the dish. I wont give in the temptation of eating my kids' Halloween candy.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    My cousin is a widow. I am a wife. She has a certain status. I do not. You have to choose one. They are mutually exclusive terms. See the definitions below.

wid·ow
    ˈwidō/Submit
    noun
    a woman who has lost her husband by death and has not remarried.
    PRINTING
    a last word or short last line of a paragraph falling at the top of a page or column and considered undesirable.
    verb
    make into a widow or widower.
    "she had to care for her widowed mother"

source: https://www.google.com/search?q=widow+&oq=widow+&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.1653j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

wife
    wīf/Submit
    noun
    a married woman considered in relation to her husband.
    synonyms: spouse, partner, life partner, mate, consort, woman, helpmate, helpmeet, bride; More

source: https://www.google.com/search?q=wife+definition+&oq=wife+definition+&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.4073j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

I will resist Marcella, because I smell something in Denmark and feel I am being dished something I may not want on my plate. Can't put my finger on it so I merely point out this opposite status claim trying to claim all the titles for what purpose I'm not sure yet.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Oh found it. Partway down the OP's profile page.

"I can honestly say that before finding Team Beachbody- I had tried it all! I BELIEVE in these programs - THEY DO WORK! You have to put in the time and YOU have to have the desire to want to change your life, BUT, if you bring me your desire, I can help you achieve YOUR goals. I want to make your wish and your dreams come true like mine have! Together we can Achieve UR Dreams!"

This was fun...let's do it again sometime.
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options

"I can honestly say that before finding Team Beachbody- I had tried it all! I BELIEVE in these programs - THEY DO WORK! You have to put in the time and YOU have to have the desire to want to change your life, BUT, if you bring me your desire, I can help you achieve YOUR goals. I want to make your wish and your dreams come true like mine have! Together we can Achieve UR Dreams!"

I had a feeling it was something gimicky :laugh:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

trust ur instincts.
  • AchieveYourDreams
    Options
    Wow Ladies. Ouch. Really ouch. I lost my husband two years ago. I remarried last year. Just because you remarry doesn't mean that the loss of a 9 year marriage to your best friend doesn't cause a huge change and effect on your life. It was losing my husband that made me get serious with wanting to change my life - that is why I identify with that status.

I am not ashamed of being a Beachbody coach. The programs do help me - I'm a stay at home mom and without being able to do their fitness programs at home, I wouldn't be able to workout at all and they did change my life. My Resist the Dish challenge is a free group - no strings attached. I don't require any fitness programs from beachbody, you can do whatever you like - eat whatever you want. It is a place to get support for people who are all trying to lose weight. Not just those willing to give me their credit card.

Try to remember ladies that i am real person with real feelings, okay? Your comments really hurt. I am not out selling stuff to people.
  • AchieveYourDreams
    Options

trust ur instincts.

Wow Ladies. Ouch. Really ouch. I lost my husband two years ago. I remarried last year. Just because you remarry doesn't mean that the loss of a 9 year marriage to your best friend doesn't cause a huge change and effect on your life. It was losing my husband that made me get serious with wanting to change my life - that is why I identify with that status.

I am not ashamed of being a Beachbody coach. The programs do help me - I'm a stay at home mom and without being able to do their fitness programs at home, I wouldn't be able to workout at all and they did change my life. My Resist the Dish challenge is a free group - no strings attached. I don't require any fitness programs from beachbody, you can do whatever you like - eat whatever you want. It is a place to get support for people who are all trying to lose weight. Not just those willing to give me their credit card.

Try to remember ladies that i am real person with real feelings, okay? Your comments really hurt. I am not out selling stuff to people.
  • AchieveYourDreams
    Options

I don't mean to be rude or anything, or touch on a sore subject, but you seem to identify yourself as a widow a lot (your 1st post and on your profile), despite having a husband, or is this an error?

I got remarried last year.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

You just mentioned that not only those who give you their credit cards get support. That implies that those who do give their credit card get support. Then you say you're not out selling stuff. Again choose ONE. You either ARE or ARE NOT selling stuff. You can't be both.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Yes!

More dish for me!

:smile: