112 pounds

Options
HI, my name's Courtney, I currently weigh 237 pounds. I have been overweight since I was child. My weight has been fluctuating for years, going from as little as 180 to as much as 250. A few years ago I was at my smallest at 180, due to my self esteem and lack of self worth, I started going backwards again. Now, I have a high self esteem and i love myself but I want to look as good as my personality. I finally after trial and error am trying again. I have tried exercise videos, diets, and pills. The best I did was on the pills but eventually my body got used to them, the second best was when I tried calorie counting using this website, but i couldn't maintain it, possibly becuase at the time I didn't want to seek out help via the community and I had no one in person doing this with me. Now I'm trying again, I have poeple willing to help me reach my goal now and willing to do it with me, and decided to see you guys about it to, I could reallty use all the help I can get, I don't want to quit again. My short term goal is to be 217 by thanksgiving. My long term goal is 125.

Replies

• JasmineSchmidts
    JasmineSchmidts Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and good luck! It's awesome to hear how confident and motivated you are now. You can definitely do it, especially with the help and encouragement from everyone on here! :)
  • tofuorcheese
    Options
    Welcome back and good luck! It's awesome to hear how confident and motivated you are now. You can definitely do it, especially with the help and encouragement from everyone on here! :)

Thankyou Jasmine! I appreciate the support!
  • sophie_anderson
    Options
    Hello Courtney. My name is Sophie and I'm 23 years old. My life story is a little different from yours: I haven't been overweight as a child, but three years ago, due to some personal issues, I've started to put on weight. I'm 5'6 and used to weight around 130 pounds, and I'm about 264pounds, at the moment. I could see the change happening, but I was rather power and careless.
    Well, I have decided to do something about it now. So, if you want to share your thoughts, I could really use some help and feedback, and I believe it would be nice to share the journey with someone else. :)
  • FitFabStar
    FitFabStar Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Its nice to see your story. There are plenty of people on here who are just like you and who were just like you. I wish you the best of luck on your journey, you will do great!
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Courtney, we're very similar. I've been fat since young and yo-yoed between 200 and 250 in the past decade. I started at 238 three months ago. All I can say is good luck to you - you sound motivated and confident - it's time to kick some *kitten*.

Add me for support, if you want to.

H
  • SnowWhiteFanatic
    SnowWhiteFanatic Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Same here. I have struggled all my life with my weight. I was at an all time high of 229 just a few months ago and found out I am diabetic. That really out things into perspective for me. Honestly, if I hadn't found that out, I would probably be still eating tons of carbs and not caring. When I go through personal stuff I don't eat but them when it's over I suddenly have an appetite. Add me if you'd like. I will support you ! Hell,, I need the support!
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    HI COURTNEY!!!

Yelp, pretty much the same story here! I started at 250 on here, went up a bit, then down. Was in an emotionally bad relationship that I ended up putting on weight...then found a great guy...lost weight for my wedding then put it back on with my pregnancy and lost track of myself when she was born. Been at the STRAIGHT for over a year and feeling GREAT!!!

GOOD LUCK and you have a GREAT outlook and attitude to do well!! You've got plenty of support on here!! Feel free to add me!!

~Kirsten
  • cryt121
    cryt121 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am looking for someone to lose weight with anyone avalible i want to lose 120lbs :bigsmile: