Hi! :)

Options
Hello everyone! I have been on the MFP for awhile now, but haven't yet introduced myself.
My name is Nicole and I'm 24 wonderful years old.

My current goal is to lose 60lbs.

I didn't have good eating habbits, I drank too much, partied too hard, and cared too little.

And then I took a step back and realized what I was doing to my body.

So I started dieting and excercising and lost 25lbs within a couple of months.
I had a brief set back with the passing of my father in May, and had a hard time getting focused again.
But then I found Taekwondo and it is the best thing I have ever done! It has changed me inside and out.
So I am working hard on my goals. And I see a very awesome future for myself.

Add me if you want! And hope you achieve all of your goals, no matter what they are!

Replies

• rayfu75
    rayfu75 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Good for you finding something that has allowed you to focus on yourself. Martial arts are a great way to find out about ones self.
  • pennelope515
    Options
    Yes it is.
    I already found out things about myself that I wouldn't have known sitting at home on the sectional.
  • VaishnaviSlimsDown
    Options
    Guess we are sailing on the same boat - my dad passed away on Feb.

But I'm glad that you have bounced back and found something you love doing! Keep going and in no time, U will reach your goal.

All the best :) !
  • 13ftw67
    13ftw67 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Your story mirrors my own. I made the same realizations when my mother passed away and I couldn't fit in a suit I was 5'6" and 270lbs Something had to change. I stopped drinking and partying almost 7 years ago now. I can run 5 miles, I play Ice Hockey regularly, I am an asset to my family now and not a liability. It can be done it will not be easy and you have to focus on an achievable goal and take steps to accomplish the goal. I applaud your clarity and decision to take control of your life back. Keep testing yourself and you will be amazed with what you can achieve. Stay Focused friend. The memories of our loved ones guide us during our journey.as well.