First Day - Looking for Friends (T25 Anyone)

Options
Greetings,

Today is my first day of MFP and so far I think its a great site. I hope to meet new friends for inspiration as I try to reach my fitness goals and help them along as well!!

A little extra: I just started T25 yesterday and would like any feedback if anyone has currently tried or is trying this program. If you haven't thats ok let me know what programs have worked for you!

Talk to you soon! :)

Replies

• Malachai76
    Options
    Hi Frank I'm in the final week, week 14 as I done gamma as well and it is an awesome workout I loved it, I'd already done Insanity and this pushed just as hard in a shorter amount of time as there isn't the long warm up stretch at the beginning and a short stretch at the end and as there is no (official) breaks you get just as much out of it as insanity. Gamma if you don't have it is more strength based so recommend if you want to work on that if just cardio i'd stick to alpha and beta
  • lottewiegeraad
    lottewiegeraad Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I Started yesterday, T25 is awesome! You can add me if you like some support
  • ejason81
    Options
    I just started T25 yesterday as well!! So far, so good! It's hard than I thought.
  • Panama_frank
    Panama_frank Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'll be sure to add all of you. Look for my invite =)

Also, thanks for the pointers..I tried insanity for about three weeks and because of work/vacations it was hard to fit in my schedule. I'll keep everyone updated on my progression as well.
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am in week 6 of T25. I just started beta phase yesterday. It is a fantastic workout. I am a busy mom of five so getting a workout done in less than 30 minutes is great.
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4 of T25. this is my first exercise program since (me vs car... car won) and stuck in a wheelchair for a while... anyway you can image how out of shape I am.... but hanging in there with Tanya and the modifications.

It will probably take me a few rounds of Alpha/Beta to work my way to Gamma.... but I hope to get there.

Love the 30 minute time-frame.

I have my fitbit synced with MFP so helps me monitor a bit but i still have to estimate calories some. I did find one website where a gal listed her calories burned based on Polar FT4 heart rate monitor... (I understand each persons mileage will vary). But this gives me a good start. I just list them all as Cardio.. and list them by name T25-Alpha Cardio ... etc.

From her site:

Alpha Cycle:

Cardio – 265
    Speed 1.0 – 260
    Total Body Circuit – 280 (this is in my opinion the most challenging but BEST Alpha workout!)
    Ab Intervals – 215
    Lower Focus – 200

Beta Cycle:

Core Cardio – 270
    Speed 2.0 – 255
    Rip’t Circuit – 230
    Dynamic Core – 235
    Upper Focus – 235

Would love to have some more T25 friends :)

If I ( a 46 year old grandmonther who was struck by a car and contracted necrotizing fasciitis and lost part of my leg) can do this, ANYONE can.
  • borapielk
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of t25, so I'm right there with you.
  • Travsflower88
    Options
    Today will be day 4 of T25. I haven't done a workout like this before and boy it's tough but I'm pushin through. I love that it's so fast paced. I don't even pay attention to the countdown clock on the screen I just try to keep up with Shaun T!
  • volvol16
    volvol16 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've gone through the program for about 7 weeks. The Alpha phase is pretty easy, but Beta is pretty intense. It became hard for me to get the workouts in while training for a marathon. I"ve recently had an injury sideline me and take me out of the marathon (i'm dropping down to a Half instead), but i'm going to restart T25 next week. I'd love to have some friends to help keep me accountable.

Anyway, hi! and Friend request me if you want! :)
  • deereb123
    deereb123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am still in the alpha phase of T25 and I am loving it. It's been a great format and I like Shaun T's style of motivation in the videos.
  • julistehr
    julistehr Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting T25 too, looking for some support out there! I have been on and off this site for over a year and life keeps jumping in my way!! :smile:
  • garn3232
    Options
    what is t25?
  • katherineensley
    katherineensley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started yesterday. Completed phase I of insanity but it took a toll on my knees. Hope this goes better!!! ;)