I'M BAAAAAACKKKKKK!!!

Options
Well, I joined mfp and followed the plan for about 2 weeks when July 4th came.....Me and my boyfriend threw a huge keg party and smoked pork shoulders.....there was tons of food leftover!! So ever since July 4th I have been off the "wagon".....i couldn't get motivated and just kept eating and eating...I just didnt have it in me to start dieting again......it can be sooo exhausting! esp since i feel i have been off and on dieting all my life!!......but I found it within myself to get back into it!! I started back yesterday....even made myself exercise...and again today despite not really wanting to go. So, I am happy I am trying again.....being overweight stops me from dong the things i love (swimming, laying out, shopping for clothes)...and I AM SICK OF IT!!!!! Any words of encouragement or any tips on staying focused will help!!! Please share.......I just need some help staying focused and being consistent.!! thanks buddies :heart:

Replies

• roromclarty
    Options
    Well, I joined mfp and followed the plan for about 2 weeks when July 4th came.....Me and my boyfriend threw a huge keg party and smoked pork shoulders.....there was tons of food leftover!! So ever since July 4th I have been off the "wagon".....i couldn't get motivated and just kept eating and eating...I just didnt have it in me to start dieting again......it can be sooo exhausting! esp since i feel i have been off and on dieting all my life!!......but I found it within myself to get back into it!! I started back yesterday....even made myself exercise...and again today despite not really wanting to go. So, I am happy I am trying again.....being overweight stops me from dong the things i love (swimming, laying out, shopping for clothes)...and I AM SICK OF IT!!!!! Any words of encouragement or any tips on staying focused will help!!! Please share.......I just need some help staying focused and being consistent.!! thanks buddies :heart:
  • Rachael2179
    Rachael2179 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon too... I have been on here reading post and posted a few times, but its been a couple weeks since I logged food or exercise. It's hard to get back in the habit.... I started back today.. I went swimming and ate healthy so far today... :happy: Good luck....
  • dachinababe
    dachinababe Posts: 185
    Options
    welcome back.....:flowerforyou:
  • Lskid85
    Lskid85 Posts: 16
    Options
    Just think about the day that your on. "Today I'm going to eat right and work out, even if that means I am just going to walk around the block once." It can mean a big difference. I know that if you are trying to lose 20-30lbs or more that it can seem impossible and overwhelming. Just celebrate the one pound you lose, the fact that you ate right today, or the fact that you went for a walk or lifted weights. Little things add up to be great things. That one pound after a couple of weeks can be 3-5 lbs or more of fat loss! Just keep your goals in perspective and take it one day at a time.
    -Lauren

P.S. Don't beat yourself up when you do have a "treat" we all need one and we can do better the next day.
  • titadks
    titadks Posts: 10
    Options
    I recently went to a party had a little junk food & ate way too much, adn may have had a little too much tequila & beer, I really didnt feel too bad, the next day I got back on my bike & rode 2 hours. I dont think it's bad to have a day every few months were we overindulge, it's only when we do it every day that it becomes a habit, the important thing is that you keep going........I logged everything I ate & drank from that party & it really gave me a perspective on things, because when I used to bartend I would do that every week sometimes 2-3times a week, no wonder I gained 40lbs!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! Best of luck to you. Let me know if I can do anything to help! :)

:flowerforyou:
    -Tam
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Welcome back!!!