Are Belvita Biscuits a good breakfast choice?

Options
Specifically Golden Oat

Someone brought them to my job, and they are DELICIOUS! I could see myself eating them everyday for breakfast. lol

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    If they fit your budget and you like them then go for it.
  • mkbarnes1775
    mkbarnes1775 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I really like them too, you could do a lot worse in the morning.
  • Lauren344
    Lauren344 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love them! Especially the honey and nut ones.
  • inktink
    inktink Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you consider good. I personally wouldn't eat them because they aren't whole, real foods per se, but that's my niche in the diet world.. A year or two ago, I would have been on them like white on rice on a paperplate in a snow storm :)
  • MasterKat
    MasterKat Posts: 149
    Options
    Oh yummy! I loooove those things! :bigsmile: I would eat them and a greek yogurt to balance out my carbs and proteins. I say there are worse things you could eat. If they make you happy and fit into your daily diet plan...then why not!
  • SundayGirl1989
    Options
    I LOVE them!
    When I was at work i'd have them with a cuppa and a piece of fruit and they kept me going for a surprisingly long time.
    Bottom line, If you like something and it fits in your calorie allowance then eat it.
  • dacspace
    dacspace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Oh yummy! I loooove those things! :bigsmile: I would eat them and a greek yogurt to balance out my carbs and proteins. I say there are worse things you could eat. If they make you happy and fit into your daily diet plan...then why not!

^^This! The addition of the greek yogurt (protein) would be awesome!
  • klaff411
    klaff411 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Specifically Golden Oat

Someone brought them to my job, and they are DELICIOUS! I could see myself eating them everyday for breakfast. lol

Actually I avoid all processed foods in general.

If you want grains in the morning, eat some fresh steel cut oats (oatmeal or oatbran). Super cheap. I would also consider other kinds of grains as well.

You can also bake your own biscuits which (IMHO) taste better than store bought. No extra crap in them either.

One of the hardest things is getting used to eating things with less sugar. Foods like oatmeal with a little bit of agave sweetner is a great breakfast. You can also eat 2 eggs and some turkey bacon.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Sure, if you like eating them.

However, don't be fooled by all the marketing gump. You are still essentially eating biscuits for breakfast.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure. They aren't for me. They are so good- honestly, I need to have an egg. I don't need them in my house...I posted a status comment awhile back asking for someone to violently smack them out of my hand when I pick them up at the store.

I like the fruity ones- apple cinnamon and blueberry are my favorites.

They are so yummy...did I say they were yummy?
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I tried them when they first came out and wasn't really impressed. I was also a little shocked by the high calorie count in them. I hear radio advertisements for them and I did not have the reported experience of sustained energy. I was starving a few hours later...

But if you dig 'em, go for it! Just stick to one packet.
  • MrsBingley
    Options
    Deleted double post
  • MrsBingley
    Options
    They are tasty, and they are 230 calories with a good amount of fiber and iron. Now, me, personally, I would split the pack with my kids and add some cheese or yogurt and maybe some fresh fruit as well. That's only my preference though.

ETA: 230 per pack, not per biscuit.
  • EvilFeevil
    EvilFeevil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    For me personally, they don't fit well into my 1200 cals a day @ 230 calories for 4 of them, they don't seem like they'd be that filling. And I really wanted to try them after hearing about them on my local morning show. :-(

But if they fit into your eating plan, by all means go for it if you like them! :smile:
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    If you like them, go for it, but you might want to add in some protein, even just a shake, to keep yourself full a little longer.

I LOVE the brown sugar ones. LOL
  • Mr_Boy
    Mr_Boy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sure, if you like eating them.

However, don't be fooled by all the marketing gump. You are still essentially eating biscuits for breakfast.
    Have you compared the nutritional info to typical biscuits? A biscuit can have zero sugar and still be "just a biscuit".

Personally I really like them, which is generally a bad sign because I find how much I like any food is proportional to how unhealthy it is :) But I do find they keep me going longer than eating a few ginger nuts would.
  • LAWSBIGGAL
    Options
    Thanks everyone! So far they seem to really be helping stave off hunger until lunch which is great considering just last week I was craving tons of JUNK! lol They're sweet but not TOO sweet which I like. I have a tendency to get low iron and low potassium so it helps a little there. I've been trying to eat more bananas and I could totally throw in a protein shake. I'd be STUFFED! May not even need lunch after that. lol

I like them and I'm gonna buy some. They work for now at least. ;)
  • shadowlydarkness
    shadowlydarkness Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I often eat them for breakfast or lunch to save calories for a cheatmeal. And they are just super easy and yumm :)
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Read.the.label. ????