Good Cholestrol what do I do?

Options
I had my biometric screening today and all my levels are below the guide line however my good cholesterol is too low it is at 37 and should be 50 or more. My Question is what do I eat to bring my good cholesterol up?

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Eat some extra virgin olive oil, exercise, lose weight, if you smoke, stop.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hdl-cholesterol/CL00030/NSECTIONGROUP=2
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Exercise brought mine up and it was super-low too, 35ish.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, fiber, exercise, weight loss, omega-3 fats, fruits/veggies. Mine doubled after losing weight and changing my diet.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    - Healthy fats from things like olive oil, avocado oil, eating avocados, nuts, nut butters, etc. Get your heart healthy fats.

- Exercise

- eat fatty fish like salmon/tuna...supplement with fish oil

- Lose some weight
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I was in your boat a few years ago......if you smoke, stop-if you don't exercise, start. Replace bad fats with good fats. ...meaning relace butter olive oil or coconut oil, whole fat dairy for low fat dairy, eat avocados, walnuts, olives,. There are many good sites out there. I find Mayo Clinic and Web MD to be a couple of the better ones.... Here is one but you can also google How to Increase Good Cholesterol and find a plethera of information. Good luck you can do it! http://www.webmd.com/heart/how-to-boost-your-good-cholesterol
  • loveizzi4ever
    loveizzi4ever Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do not smoke I am 3yrs quit almost 4 and I exercise every other day on my Gazelle also clean 2-3 houses a day so constantly moving all day. I do smoothies once a day and use avocados almost daily and cook with olive oil also put olive oil in my smoothies as well. I just need to be patient I guess. I already lost 13 pounds altogether cause I lost some weight before I found my fitness pal. Thank You to everyone that has replied to my post it helps out a lot.