Using up calories without going over on everything else.

Options
Beleive me I have NO PROBLEM using up all of my calories in a day. But when I'm really on track with my food diary I have so much trouble using up all of my calories without going over on carbs/fat/sugar etc. What does everyone eat to fullfill their calorie requirement without going over on others?

Replies

• FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Well from the way you look on your pic {YOU LOOK FABULOUS!} you must be doing SOMETHING right! lol

I think it's different for everyone. Like someone suggested to me, you can go in your settings and adjust the % of carbs, proteins etc... that you consume in a day. I did this and it helped!

Good luck!
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    For me its lots of veggies. That seems to be what works best for me to reach calorie goals without going over on carbs, sugars, sodium etc.
  • Melora
    Melora Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I find somedays I am over on somethings but then under on the same things other days. For exmple, yesterday I was under in protein but today I'm gonna be over. I think it is a balance. If within a week you are even then I dont think it matters as much.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Holly, you're back!

It really depends on your fat/protein/carb breakdown. I eat lots of whole grains, fruits and veggies for my carbs. Then for my fats, I eat granola, almond/peanut butter, nuts, avocado, etc... And for protein, I eat chicken/fish/shrimp, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt and cheese. It really doesn't matter if you're over on your macros, the important thing is to be as close to your calories as you can be. Somedays I go over on fat by a few, somedays I go over on carbs by a few...it doesn't matter as long as your calories stay close to your goal though! Maybe adjusting your portion sizes a bit can help you?