Help !!!!! I'm 400lbs and don't want to be this way anymore.

Options
I could use some encouragement. I'm 400 lbs and it is taking it's toll. I have started adjusting my diet and going to the gym at least 3 times a week with the wife (more when work allows). My wife has really encouraged me, she has lost 70+ lbs this year and now it's my turn. I just need some friends to help keep me on track. Any takers?

Thanks
Jerry

Replies

• maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Hi Jerry! Congrats on taking positive steps and putting yourself out there. Feel free to friend me!
  • maddogg82
    maddogg82 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Sounds Great Jerry. My husband and I are also in this together. Its taken us a while. Be patient with yourself. Its not easy but it pays off. Your health.. just the way you feal .. all around. Feel free to freind me if you would like.
  • syemon
    syemon Posts: 50
    Options
    well done for realising you need a change buddy , diet and gym is all really , motivation is needed at all times , don't think oh ill do it tomorrow and then wish the next day you had done the day before , there is not time in life for regrets ! Plan your day ahead , you don't need to slog it in a gym for hours , 20 min intensive workout will help you loads , the aim of the game KEEP MOVING , SMALL RESTS , DONT COOL DOWN as shermun clump say YESSSSSS IIIIIII CAAANNNNN !!! you can do it buddy now get up and do something !! haha :)
  • dramagirl1
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I started at 319, not down to 289 and logging everyday. I'd love to help support you!
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Jerry! Remember that weight loss is mostly about how much you eat. Exercise is great and all, but don't neglect your diet.
  • syemon
    syemon Posts: 50
    Options
    well done hun keep it up :)
    Feel free to add me! I started at 319, not down to 289 and logging everyday. I'd love to help support you!
  • t1954
    t1954 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi Jerry,
    Please take a look at my profile. It can be done and you can do it. Never give up and stay focused. PM me if you have any questions. Good luck and enjoy your success.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you! The first step is realizing that you're ready to make the change. You CAN do this!

Feel free to friend me!
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    You can do this. It doesn't have to be all at once either. When I started I was 347 lbs. All I did was follow MFP's calorie recommendations at first. I added exercise after I was more fit. Perserverance is the key.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I have 100+ to lose and it started out seeming almost impossible but with the help of this site and all the wonderful friends I have found on here I have kept motivated to do this. Down 30 lbs already and still going..... YOU GOT THIS!!!!! Feel free to friend me!:flowerforyou:
  • Routerninja
    Options
    At 483 myself this morning so I feel you, sir. Feel free to add me!
  • jUStPunkin
    jUStPunkin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It's important to set small, achievable goals so you don't get frustrated. Don't go in there thinking "I have to lose 100 lbs" because it's too overwhelming. Start saying things like I'm going to exercise X minutes this week, or I'm going to keep my calorie count below X today, and you'll start noticing results before you know it!

Good luck! You got this! Feel free to friend me!
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Glad to see your taking steps to a healthie lifestyle feel free to add me if you want, also theres a program called Medifast its really helpful.
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Happy you are here on MFP you have come to the right place!! Feel free to add me!!
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    That is the first step Jerry! Recognizing that you want to change something with your life. That's huge! MFP is a great tool to assist you in your weight loss. Sent a friend request your way! Good luck on your journey :)
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hey man, I was pretty big myself when I started, not far off your weight, but I've managed to lose around 90lbs since May. Just stick to eating at a calorie deficit for now, then add exercise gradually, as you begin to lose weight and see a difference.

Good luck man, feel free to add me.

Anybody feel free to add me. The more overall support, the better!
  • Panama_frank
    Panama_frank Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Your in the right place and I wish you the very best!! Feel free to add me =)
  • mbcaldwell123
    mbcaldwell123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You can do this Jerry!!! You have taken a very big first step in starting to exercise. It is really important (for me at least) to track the food that I eat. Otherwise, I "conveniently" forget about the cookie I ate or the candy bar, etc. Just remember, what works for someone else may not necessarily be what works for you. I would encourage you to get a trainer at the gym if you can afford one. Not all trainers are good and/or qualified. Make sure you get one with exercise and hopefully some nutrition background. My trainer is awesome and he is my rock. Also, because I don't want to have to explain to him WHY I don't feel like working out today I ALWAYS keep my appointments with him. I'm tired or I have a headache are not acceptable excuses/reasons not to go to the gym.

I applaud you for making this change in your life. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I would be honored to help you with encouragement.
  • BostonBill99
    BostonBill99 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Jerry, count me in. I was at 395 a year ago and I am at 345 today. Had some ups and downs, but you need to know that you can change. I'll help in any way I can

Bill
    :smile:
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Welcome and this is a big step and I wish you nothing but success in your journey. Feel free to add me if you'd like.