ON MFP FOR A MONTH AND ONLY LOST 4LBS

Options
PLEASE HELP. I HAVE BEEN USING MFP FOR A MONTH AND I'VE ONLY LOST 4 LBS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM DOING WRONG. I FOLLOW THE CALORIES EXCEPT FOR A FEW OCCASIONAL DAYS I EXCERCISE EVERYDAY FOR ABOUT AN HOUR AND BURN AROUND 600 CAL. EXCERCISE IS SOMETHING I NEVER DID BEFORE THIS MONTH AND STUCK TO IT BUT I FEEL LIKE I LOOK THINNER BUT THE LBS ARE JUST NOT COMING OFF. MY CLOTHING FEELS BIG TOO. PLEASE HELP . DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    why do you think you are doing somethign wrong, 4 lbs a month is a very healthy rate of loss. congrats, keep up the good work!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're not doing anything wrong - one pound a week is perfect! You are losing at a good, healthy rate and you say you feel like you look thinner, that's win win in my book. Keep up the good work!

But you could stop SHOUTING in the forums. :tongue:
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Don't type in caps. It's really annoying.

Congratulations on losing 4 pounds in a month.

Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

All of this!
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Great work for 1 month! Keep it up!
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    First, please don't type in all caps. It's like being yelled at. Second, 4 pounds in a month is good. Your body is adjusting to new eating habits and working out, give it time. You didn't put the extra weight on in one month, it won't come off in one month. If you feel thinner and your clothes feel big, who cares about the scale anyway? The scale is just one tool. Take pictures every month or so. Take measurements. Take stock of how your clothes feel week to week, etc.
  • nickiirusso
    nickiirusso Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't know all caps was so offensive.lol
  • denisegetskinny
    denisegetskinny Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have been on here for a couple of years and have only lost 6 lbs, but you know what? I'm not gaining! I have about 20 extra lbs that I would like to be gone from this 5'6" frame of mine, so I am sticking with this site as much as possible. It helps!
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I do not understand the problem. You're losing an average of a LB a week, which is a good rate. Just be patient. You didn't put the weight all on 4 weeks, it won't all come off that fast either.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Furthermore, if you've just started a new exercise program, it's pretty common for your body to retain water to help the muscles repair while they're getting used to a new activity. Your fat loss might be higher. Keep up the good work!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Why are you yelling at me??
    tumblr_loicjobTNE1qio117.gif
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    4lbs in a month is good. Averaging between 1 or 2 lbs per week is totally normal and healthy.

Loss as seen on The Biggest Loser (5, 10, 20 lb losses a week) is not typical or ideal.
  • pilot1960
    pilot1960 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. Remember you are exercising too so that is producing muscle (good thing) and so you will see a difference if you keep up the good work.
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    4lbs a month is a pretty healthy, steady and reasonable weight loss. I'd say you're not doing anything wrong. Keep doing what you're doing.
  • nickiirusso
    nickiirusso Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I guess i'll give it a little more time
  • runshellersrun
    Options
    I am at my 1 month mark, and have lost about 5 lbs. I am happy with this number. You are 4 lbs lighter than you were a month ago.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Read this:

Ditto.
    The weight sure as hell didn't come ON over night- it's not going to leave overnight- media is tricked us into believing we can do EVERYTHING in 6 weeks. It's a lie. It's a long - monthly-years long process. Be patience.

stop freaking out- relax- you just started- this is an AWESOME start. Keep up the good work. :)
  • calliekitten9
    calliekitten9 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Also..you don't want to judge the changes by weight alone. I measure my waist and hips every 2 weeks. You can choose what you measure.
  • roniredd
    Options
    4 pounds is great!:smile:
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever come close to 4lbs/month. I'm usually around 1lb/month.