I would love some more vegetarian friends!!

Options
2»

Replies

• enkennon
    enkennon Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hey again! Thank you for all of the friend requests!! I have so many new vegetarian and vegan friends now and yes Vegan is quite alright with me! I just want to see someone that isn't eating meats be successful at losing weight. What is everyone's macros set to?
  • jessa271
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've been a vegetarian for 27 years next month. :)
  • LilaLavender
    Options
    Vegetarian 21 years (Vegan for the past year) I know the feeling well: 'Wow they look amazing' *checks out their diary* *chickenchickenchicken* 'well, damn, guess I won't be looking like that :S' It's easier when it's something you can relate to. My food diary is a lil' bit of a mess lately (trying to sort it out) but feel free to add me anyways :) I just changed my macros to 45/30/25 - still undecided if it's what I'm gonna stick to though.
  • ZRx4
    ZRx4 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to be more vegetarian/vegan, but doing insanity makes me crave crazy amounts of protein... I do vegan protein shakes, but I try to limit it, because, it's processed. One smoothie a day, I get around 34gms give or take of protein (garden of life brand). My question for those that are doing intense workouts, how do you get enough fuel(protein) to sustain yourself? I do lots of soy and tofu too...
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Seems to be a big group here. I'm not fully there yet, but could easily go that way. I gotta deal with some allergies/sensitivities right now. I've had a nickel allergy awhile and just learned some food sources I should try to eliminate. So not a time to be reducing proteins when some might be cut for other reasons. I'm also lactose intolerant. Fun deals. I'm sure you will find a lot of friends here that are vegetarian though.
  • mlittlej1
    mlittlej1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Im looking for more inspiration. My husband is a great supporter but I think its easier to relate to those going though the process. I'm pescetarian and would love some healthy meal ideas!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,001 Member
    Options
    I'm an omnivore, but up until just the last few days I would say about 80% of my meals were vegetarian or vegan. I've been on MFP for about two and a half months, and when I started I really only worried about hitting goals (or limits) for calories, fiber, saturated and trans fats, and sodium, but I've noticed that I frequently come up short on protein on vegan and vegetarian days (I love beans and whole grains, but the volume that I would have to consume to hit 70 to 80 grams of protein is beyond what my stomach will hold). The last few days I've been trying to reach my protein goal, and consequently I've been eating more animal carcass than I normally do -- I doubt it will last, because I really don't enjoy having meat/poultry/fish this often. Anyway, if you want to add me, just look back prior to this week for meal ideas. Some of the meals are recipes that I've entered, so please ask if something sounds good -- I'd love to share (or maybe it's possible to look at recipes when someone accepts you as a friend? I haven't tried that.)
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Veggie for 19 years :)

Please only add if you eat at least your BMR most days. We wont have much in common if you net 900 calories a day...
  • pesimax
    pesimax Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey, 5th year of being a vegan...10 years veggie in total. i'm awful at keeping updated though.
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I seem to come and go on MFP, and don't keep a food diary anymore because I found I spent way too much time using it as a procrastination tool, but I wanted to share a few online resources that I love for getting my vegan food fix:

OhSheGlows is a wonderful food blog. Her macN"cheese recipes are fantastic (esp. the butternut squash), great cookies, burgers, snacks, etc.

VegWeb is a good tool for when you're trying to find an exact recipe for a craving. You can search recipes submitted by users, and those recipes are also rated by users with user comments on what they liked, didn't like, or how they adapted the recipe.

Pinterest is my new favorite site. I've "followed" a few good vegan recipe blogs, and every few days I check in to see what goodies they have to offer. I then bookmark the ones either like or want to try later.
  • enkennon
    enkennon Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your suggestions! My life has been turned upside down these past couple weeks so I haven't been cooking too many new recipes but I will keep tabs on these online sources!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!