Weighed down

Options
So today i was all dressed and motivated and ready for my workout.. but somebody had a slight argument with me.. which left me feeling very weighed down.. so I changed out of my workout cloths and I dont feel like working out anymore today..:sad:

This is something that I have a hard time dealing with. If i am upset, i can not workout!! It sucks.

Anyone else like this? :cry: :cry:

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You should still work out. People go punch punching bags or lift weights when they're upset all the time. It helps you feel better.
  • slpaul100
    slpaul100 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    When I'm feeling down (or have a headache), exercise makes me feel better. But I agree, it's hard to get motivated. Just decide you're going to do it for five minutes and see how you feel after that. Take a walk, do jumping jacks, just MOVE!
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    You should still work out. People go punch punching bags or lift weights when they're upset all the time. It helps you feel better.

I wish i could.. i end up feeling ten time worse because i think too much about the issue.
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I definitely understand not wanting to work out when you're in a bad mood. I've never been much of a physically angry person, so going to the gym doesn't actually help me get over a bad mood. Still, I only end up getting angrier if I miss my workout and start getting down on myself. Even if you don't work out to make yourself feel better, know that it will at least not make you feel worse to head to the gym.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Exercise is a great stress reducer! It always helps me clear my head and lose the day's baggage.

If you're not feeling up to something intense, try starting with a slow jog, walk, or tai chi/yoga. Go to the park or somewhere far from your confrontation, where you are able to find peace and focus on your breathing and the movement of your body instead of your argument. Pretty soon you will feel everything melt away~

Working out releases endorphins, great natural high :)
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I wish i could.. i end up feeling ten time worse because i think too much about the issue.

Do you still think about the issue if you don't go work out though? I can't imagine sitting in my room being upset is any better/worse than being in the gym being upset.
  • prettyface55
    Options

Do you still think about the issue if you don't go work out though? I can't imagine sitting in my room being upset is any better/worse than being in the gym being upset.

I might just give it a couple hours until i cool down a bit, then give it a try again..:ohwell:
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I found that when I was upset, working out or going for a run or punching something or walking it off made me feel so much better. I literally felt like I was sticking it to the man. I stopped focusing my energy and emotions on THEM and focused them on ME.

FOCUS ON YOU. DO IT FOR YOU.
  • Panama_frank
    Panama_frank Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I know how this feels. If its a situation or a person that makes you feel angry it can be hard to find the motivation to work out. That's why I have a workout buddy so we are there to motivate and push each other. But if your working out alone I would just let the workout clear your mind and remember, It’s hard to focus on problems of any kind when you’re consumed with catching your breath.
  • briandahawaiian
    briandahawaiian Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I get like this too, just don't wanna do anything. But you can't let it defeat you! People will bring you down because they feel sh!tty and they want you to share in their sh!ttyness! I say put your workout clothes back on and do what you do best, YOU! And YALLAH!! Cuz you gotta get the kids! :P
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Don't give others this power over you. Go outside and take some big deep breaths of fresh air and just let go of whatever had upset you. Maybe try yoga to learn some good breathing techniques <3
  • Naener
    Naener Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    seriously... once you start, you'll start to feel better... dont immediatly change your clothes and throw in the towel... grit your teeth, and say out loud "THIS will not stop me" and do a few jumping jacks or sprint in place, or take a walk around the block.. once you get your blood pumping, youll start to feel better... use those endorphins girl!!

PS: Im sorry youre upset. if you need to talk, you can PM me!
  • prettyface55
    Options
    I get like this too, just don't wanna do anything. But you can't let it defeat you! People will bring you down because they feel sh!tty and they want you to share in their sh!ttyness! I say put your workout clothes back on and do what you do best, YOU! And YALLAH!! Cuz you gotta get the kids! :P

Thanks Brian.. It just didn't happen today.. I took a nap instead!
  • illuvatree
    illuvatree Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Working out helps me get annoyances and anger out, to be honest. But everyone's different! If you're feeling crappy and don't want to work out, maybe listen to a happy playlist while working out? Or something distracting, maybe. I've started listening to audiobooks so I can concentrate on them rather than how much I want my treadmill time to be over :P
  • dhuka1
    dhuka1 Posts: 1
    Options
    don't listen to people who make you upset
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    being upset fuels my workouts. nothing like manufacturing a little rage to really gets things flying
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I wish i could work out.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    So today i was all dressed and motivated and ready for my workout..

Did you put a quarter in?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    music can change your mood. out of curiosity what DO you feel like doing after these incidents? curling up in a ball and fetal position crying? because if so, imagine your foe watching you like that...i bet you'll get up and going a whole lot faster.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    being upset fuels my workouts. nothing like manufacturing a little rage to really gets things flying

This.gif

Stop making excuses and go kick some *kitten* in the gym.